• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Phone , remote start

Nice_car

Buick Ownership
Sports back
Hello, just wondering if there was a way to set 20 minutes or more, auto start . Using the phone.

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
i think it's software set to 10 minutes. in order for you to extend it, you'd have to send another signal to it before it shuts off. IIRC, there's something in the OM about that.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Annoying as heck.

Using phone app. Lock doors (even if they're already locked), start. 10 min of time.

If you want more you have to (using the app) relock your doors and hit start again before the first 10 min runs out. This will give you an additional 10 min from the time of the second start.

The fact that there's no where in the settings to adjust the time is stupid.

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Phone works same as the fob: 10 minutes at a time, limit of 2 times.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
According to my user manual, it says 15 minutes. Is it supposed to be 10 or 15?
1575413047036.png

Last edited:

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I find it annoying that on a cold day, the engine isn't anywhere near operating temperature after the 10 minutes of idling and the windshield is not defrosted. Oh..and the seats aren't warm yet. 15 min would be an improvement.

Does anyone else experience this? Or is my thermostat stuck in an open position? 🤨

Last edited:

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I find it annoying that on a cold day, the engine isn't anywhere near operating temperature after the 10 minutes of idling and the windshield is not defrosted. Oh..and the seats aren't warm yet. 15 min would be an improvement.

Does anyone else experience this? Or is my thermostat stuck in a open position? 🤨
No 10 min is not enough, nothing to do with your car.

This AM it was in the teens Fahrenheit here in Gallup NM and my TourX warmed up much faster than the fleet spec 4 cyl Cherokee Latitude that I had to drive to my meeting after I got to work.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
10 minutes of idle can hardly warm it up enough.
Driving it 5 minutes would do much better for me. (We are floating around freezing mark here in SE Michigan now)

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I'm not a fan of not knowing if you'll get the AC when you remote-start. First time I did it I put the AC on and ramped the fan up before I turned the car off. Started it up and lo and behold, no AC. The manual says there are certain times you'll get it but doesn't specify when those times are.

Pedal Commander