Picked up a 2012 Regal GS manual trans with under 30k miles....

Dirt

GA
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Encore, 2012 Buick Regal GS
Picked this up last weekend, had 29k miles on it....then I drove it 1200 miles home from Texas to Georgia. Totally worth it, especially for the deal I got. It's a fantastic, comfortable car that runs great and I really like it. 20 inch wheels and all the bells and whistles it seems (well, except the auto tranny, who needs it?) Still figuring out a few things, like how to play bluetooth audio from my phone (maybe not possible, but strange), Only problem I can see is that since I bought it as a work car, I feel really guilty about putting excessive miles on such a nice, low mileage specimen.

I usually make it a habit of keeping common failure parts on hand, it looks like cam position sensors are a good start? Any more I should look into getting?

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic" & 17' BMW M3 F80
Nice grab, when i bought my 16' regal GS new 4 yrs ago i opted out for the 20' wheels and replaced with the 19's due to the PVD chrome would peel from the inside of the wheels and build excess corrosion.

I heard from the 12's through the 16's they change the interfaces from Bluetooth connectivity. It would have to be updated. I'll be selling this regal soon, since i mostly drive my M3 half the time and this is just a cruise car with only 9,100 on the odo now. But have fun with it, you'll enjoy it.

IMG_20180919_202901_026.jpg

Dirt

GA
Buick Ownership
2012 with less than 30k miles? That is a great find. Was there anything interesting on the Carfax report?
Nope, clean as a whistle. Personal car, no accidents, etc.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Beautiful car, I hope you love it long time!

carl3pedals

NJ
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Re "....then I drove it 1200 miles home from Texas to Georgia" - it sounds like you were looking far and wide for a Regal with a stick. Were you? I spent several months scouring online ads for a Regal with a stick in a color I liked, before finally pulling the trigger on a 2012 in May 2018. Re your spare parts question, consider getting a real spare tire (mine came with only the air pump, which is of no help if a sidewall blows out). I bought the Modern Spare, and it clears the front brakes and fits in the available space in my trunk with the covering/carpet cover lying flat. You also might take a look at your front headlights to see if they have any moisture. This is a common problem which has caused many to have to replace their front headlight, at considerable cost. Consider that Texas is pretty dry, so your front headlights could have this defect, and it might only become apparent after your Regal has spent more time in the more wet state of Georgia.

Dirt

GA
Buick Ownership
Re "....then I drove it 1200 miles home from Texas to Georgia" - it sounds like you were looking far and wide for a Regal with a stick. Were you? I spent several months scouring online ads for a Regal with a stick in a color I liked, before finally pulling the trigger on a 2012 in May 2018. Re your spare parts question, consider getting a real spare tire (mine came with only the air pump, which is of no help if a sidewall blows out). I bought the Modern Spare, and it clears the front brakes and fits in the available space in my trunk with the covering/carpet cover lying flat. You also might take a look at your front headlights to see if they have any moisture. This is a common problem which has caused many to have to replace their front headlight, at considerable cost. Consider that Texas is pretty dry, so your front headlights could have this defect, and it might only become apparent after your Regal has spent more time in the more wet state of Georgia.
I absolutely was, for a few months in fact. That is excellent information, thank you. I have several cars that have no spare, but I was definitely surprised to see that this one did not include one.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.