Picked up today

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
My wife picked up her 2013 Encore today. I'm out of town so I haven't even seen it yet as the dealer had it shipped in yesterday. I know she is super excited. Have to figure a work around for the garage door remote.

Detroit, USA
My wife picked up her 2013 Encore today. I'm out of town so I haven't even seen it yet as the dealer had it shipped in yesterday. I know she is super excited. Have to figure a work around for the garage door remote.

Hi NittanyDoug,

Glad to hear your wife is excited about her 2013 Encore. I am sure she is going to enjoy her ownership experience. Post and share a picture once you can! If you ever have any questions, please contact us via private message. We are here to assist!

Laura M. (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
Had the dealer quote/order in the cross bars thinking I would get a deal as we just dropped some coin. He's quoting me the full price of gm parts direct (not the discounted price). Ouch!

R&L's Encore

Buick Ownership
Buick AWD Encore
Had the dealer quote/order in the cross bars thinking I would get a deal as we just dropped some coin. He's quoting me the full price of gm parts direct (not the discounted price). Ouch!

Try GM Parts House or Parts Taxi. I have used both and their service and price are excellent.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
We are now a two Buick family within the last 6 weeks.

What is this other Buick of which you speak?

That's funny. I was happy to find one without the cross bars. I'll never use them and wasn't into paying $250 for an unneeded accessory (we found several cars with them until coming across the car we bought without the bars already on the window sticker). I lucked out and found an Encore with mud flaps pre-installed which I did want, and I happened to buy from a fairly sketchy area where they install wheel locks on all the cars (so those didn't cost me anything :D).

Last edited:

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
About 6 weeks ago I bought her grandparents' 09 Buick Lacrosse cxl. Big step from my Pontiac vibe. I have concerns cause the Encore is small and we have a baby on the way. So with the bars and a bag which I already have I should be able to calm those concerns.

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
I do love that huge trunk!

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
Got the chrome/stainless trim for the rear hatch deck. The post office has them so I hope to pick them up tomorrow! Also going to get the roof rails tomorrow. Splash guards are ordered. Next is the trim for the rear hatch cup. Need something to male that pocket pop.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
Got the chrome/stainless trim for the rear hatch deck. The post office has them so I hope to pick them up tomorrow! Also going to get the roof rails tomorrow. Splash guards are ordered. Next is the trim for the rear hatch cup. Need something to male that pocket pop.

Interested to see these new pieces ^^^

I have a nice thick rubber (flexible) oem Buick trunk liner in the LaCrosse which I really like for keeping things from sliding around less back there. Someone said the Encore one was 'crackable' or 'breakable' which doesn't sound like the LaCrosse piece. Someone else said there's wasn't breakable :confused:

So how pliable is the oem Cargo Tray?

The premium trim comes with an extra piece of carpet for the rear called Cargo Premium Carpet. Anyone have both and prefer one to the other?

Last edited:

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have seen both online. The carpet is in the $50 neighborhood while the rubber one is almost $100. In my lacrosse I have a walk off mat that's been in my last several wagons. Its actually too small for the lacrosse trunk.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
I have seen both online. The carpet is in the $50 neighborhood while the rubber one is almost $100. In my lacrosse I have a walk off mat that's been in my last several wagons. Its actually too small for the lacrosse trunk.

You're right about the prices. I didn't pay (specifically) for the carpet because it came included but I realize the rubber mat is a hundred bucks. I'm not as concerned with the price as I would be about getting a good product. The LaCrosse mat retails for $130, and while expensive for a piece of molded rubber, it is a nice piece.

Maybe I'll head over to my dealer and see if they happen to have any Encores with the mat already in them.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!