Pinstripes?

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Does anyone's car have pinstripes? I picked up my Darkmoon Blue on Saturday and found it was striped. Looks good, but all the photos I'm seeing don't show it. Maybe something the dealer added, but didn't mention? Car's been sitting on their lot for a half year, built in May 2018.20181119_100635.jpg

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
It's more than likely a dealer addition. The #tourx hashtag on Instagram shows a dealer adding pinstripes to a TourX.

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Looks like a pinstripe at a distance... and the blue is hard to photograph without getting reflections of stuff.20181117_130345 crop.jpg

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I got my "how'd everything go" survey call from the dealer last night. He confirmed they added the pinstripes, though it wasn't noted on the sticker or other paperwork. Probably forgot it wasn't a Cadillac and did it by mistake. But yeah, I like it.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I like it. Reminds me of my 92 LeSabre had pin stripes like that, but they were under the clear coat. Sorry I have no pics. Car was Green metallic and the stripes were yellow / silver if memory serves me right.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Mine has a pinstripe.

I can't imagine the dealer spending this much effort to install pinstripe which includes the Buick emblem. Maybe this is only included with the ridiculously over-priced White Frost Tricoat paint option.?.

Anyone own this color to verify?
632_IMG_20181110_113446_1.jpg

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
A few minutes googling got this youtube video - it's just a stencil they tape on, then spraypaint over.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Thanks toga94m. Interesting. I should have suspected that. (But I'm glad that detail is there.)

I think Anaduff's comment (above) summed up the benefits of pinstriping perfectly. The TourX in blue looks great.

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
All the stripes I've seen on them, and other brands at other dealerships but with the logo in them, are all vinyl. I don't know of any dealer in my area that would use a painted stripe.
My smoked pearl car doesn't have them, but once seeing another one the same color with them- I think I want to add them... but every time I've ever tried to do a pinstripe, it looks like a drunkard did it. Can't lay down a straight line at all. I work with vinyl as a hobby, striping race cars and doing custom logos for brake calipers and stuff like that, but something about installing pinstripes just never works when I try it.