Plastic Cladding on Wheelwells - Remove?

Buick Ownership
None
For those interested,
- Front / Rear fender cladding is only taped on, and can be removed
- Front fascia cladding is molded into fascia
- Rear is probably removable, may be molded in
- Side skirts / front fascia can be swapped with the standard Regal / GS parts

If you go to Buick.com and build & price and open the side shots (or any of the shots) and toggle between models you can see how the geometry is the same when overlayed

Attachments

Last edited:
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
^Unfortunately, it still sounds like we'll need to buy some body parts to do it properly for the front and the side skirts. The cladding doesn't bother me enough to put the amount of effort/money required to pursue this. Considering mine is Sport Red, I'd have to keep an eye out specifically for total'd GS's (since the regular Sportback doesn't come in that color) where those replacement parts are still in good condition. Second option would be to get them from a Sportback and have them repainted ($$$). Third option is to outright buy the components new ($$$$).

Yeah...not worth it lol.

Buick Ownership
none
Has anyone photoshopped the fender cladding painted to match the body yet? That's really the other alternative (other than leaving it as-is), I would imagine. Would like to see how that looks, but I'm not photoshopper :)

Buick Ownership
None
^Unfortunately, it still sounds like we'll need to buy some body parts to do it properly for the front and the side skirts. The cladding doesn't bother me enough to put the amount of effort/money required to pursue this. Considering mine is Sport Red, I'd have to keep an eye out specifically for total'd GS's (since the regular Sportback doesn't come in that color) where those replacement parts are still in good condition. Second option would be to get them from a Sportback and have them repainted ($$$). Third option is to outright buy the components new ($$$$).

Yeah...not worth it lol.
Yeah, it's a bit of a project/pricy... but at least possible. Really, if you can swap the front bumper, you can leave the side skirts, remove the rear cladding, and have more of the "estate" Euro type style. I really dig the red on this car a lot!

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
^ & ^^ I was actually having a brain fart earlier...I thought part of the cladding on the rear wheel wells was a singular piece with the side skirts. I took another look at my car, and it's actually separate. I wouldn't have a problem deleting the wheel-well cladding and leaving the front & rear bumpers and side-skirts alone. That being said....I'm way too nervous to start peeling off the wheel wells without other people doing it first haha. I would love to see after-photos of the transitions between removed wheel-well cladding and the remaining cladding on the other areas (if that makes sense), assuming someone is brave enough lol. I'm afraid it might look odd.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.