• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Please help: Unknown wires in 2015 Buick Regal GS

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS
Hi Everyone, newbie here. I recently bought a 2015 Buick Regal GS from auction. The car was hit on the rear left side. I brought the car to my auto body shop and they are telling me we need a module/box for the 3 wires in the rear trunk that extend off the tail light wire. I've visited my dealership, contacted aftermarket places, and even contacted junkyards, but nobody knows where these wires go. The tail light lights up upon starting, so I don't see how else they would connect there. The car is in process of being repaired, so there is no rear bumper on as of yet. I was hoping that maybe they could plug into the bumper and power the backup camera and sensors. Could it connect to a driver confidence package? ANY help is much appreciated. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_092001.jpg
    IMG_20200318_092001.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200318_091957.jpg
    IMG_20200318_091957.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 15

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The body shop isnt telling you what function is not working which would give a clue as to whether anything is supposed to be plugged into that harness? Any packages the car has the dealer can check for based on the VIN

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS
The body shop isnt telling you what function is not working which would give a clue as to whether anything is supposed to be plugged into that harness? Any packages the car has the dealer can check for based on the VIN

I agree it doesn't help with the parts not on yet. Because it was at auction I have limited info about the car but do see a 'Driver Confidence Package 2' listed, and from what I'm reading you need a DCP 1 in order to have number 2. I do see as part of package 2, a heated seat option. When I search online it looks like it could be a fit but does that module actually reside there is the question. Starting the car in person and seeing if it works would tell me right away of course.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Did the body shop look under the seats for the heated seat module or as you already stated turned on the heat?
Was this car stripped of parts after the accident that the body shop feels something actually plugged into the harness?
Does the instrument panel indicate any warnings for failing systems?
You may be chasing something that was never there.

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS
Did the body shop look under the seats for the heated seat module or as you already stated turned on the heat?
Was this car stripped of parts after the accident that the body shop feels something actually plugged into the harness?
Does the instrument panel indicate any warnings for failing systems?
You may be chasing something that was never there.

So I went to see the car and tested out the heated seats and they worked fine (at least on the driver's side). Upon startup I noticed 2 immediate warnings in the dash, the first was 'Side Detection System's, and the second 'Park Assist System'. Looking further into this, the Park Assist, part 20928121 has the three openings, and they look to fit those wires from my pics. When I spoke to the dealership they said both modules mentioned above actually reside one on top of the other on the rear left side by the bumper. I'm not sure where exactly the wire for the side system runs from. It could be just underneath but we'll have a closer look. They did tell me I will need them to program the side module, not sure about the Park assist. Thanks for your help in taking me down this path. Will be getting my parts shortly and will verify all is working.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!