Please help

Summerxu

Buick Ownership
Rendezvous
I have 2006 BUICK RENDEZVOUS 3.5 V6, when I driver the vehicle today the engine light come on. So I went to auto zone check the engine light it come out P0128, I have notice when I driver the car the temperature gauge does seem right, it looks lower. I watch couple video online and replace the thermostat, but the check engine light still on and temperature gauge was below the 1/2 . What’s normal temperature gauge should be? Did I do anything wrong or do I have to replace the coolant sensor too?

TollKeeper

Brighton, CO
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus
there are 8 thermostats available for the Rendezvous with the 3.5, which one excactly did you install?

MrEdog

Buick Ownership
2006 Buick Rendezvous CS
I have 2006 BUICK RENDEZVOUS 3.5 V6, when I driver the vehicle today the engine light come on. So I went to auto zone check the engine light it come out P0128, I have notice when I driver the car the temperature gauge does seem right, it looks lower. I watch couple video online and replace the thermostat, but the check engine light still on and temperature gauge was below the 1/2 . What’s normal temperature gauge should be? Did I do anything wrong or do I have to replace the coolant sensor too?
After you replaced the Thermostat, did you have AutoZone "Clear" your Codes? Some times they don't clear them after reading them, and the check engine light stays on. How long ago did this issue happen? What is the weather been line (temperature wise) during that time?

Thermostats are rather easy to install, but its best to not buy a "universal" thermostat for Buick. If the Murray Thermostat is considered universal, i would go to Rockauto.com and find a OEM replacement thermostat to install. After replacing the issue, run the car for a bit. Drive it on highway for 15-20 mins, then park it in your driveway and let it run for 10-15mins. it should creep up to 50% on the temp gauge, and then stay there.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!