Plug Hanging Below Car?

Koriar

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal
I got back from the grocery store today and noticed a plug hanging below my 2016 Buick Regal Sport Touring Edition. I sent a picture to a friend of mine who is an ex mechanic, who said they thought it might have been a fog light connector, but all of the lights that I can turn on work on both sides.

Any ideas on what this plug is? I imagine some kind of sensor but I don't see anywhere obvious that it might have plugged into.

I made a Google Photos album of some pictures and a short video I took looking under the car: Buick Mystery Plug

(It's dark now, but if I need to get more pictures I can do so in the morning)

Any hints as to what it might be and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. I'm supposed to drive four hours to another state on Monday so I'm a bit worried about this.

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS & 2019 Hyundai Tucson Limited
I got back from the grocery store today and noticed a plug hanging below my 2016 Buick Regal Sport Touring Edition. I sent a picture to a friend of mine who is an ex mechanic, who said they thought it might have been a fog light connector, but all of the lights that I can turn on work on both sides.

Any ideas on what this plug is? I imagine some kind of sensor but I don't see anywhere obvious that it might have plugged into.

I made a Google Photos album of some pictures and a short video I took looking under the car: Buick Mystery Plug

(It's dark now, but if I need to get more pictures I can do so in the morning)

Any hints as to what it might be and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. I'm supposed to drive four hours to another state on Monday so I'm a bit worried about this.

My guess is the outside temp sensor

Koriar

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal
My guess is the outside temp sensor
AH! Looking up a replacement part for it, I think you're correct!

My wife just now mentioned that she heard a pop when she pulled in this morning so I'm guessing the spot it was attached to is gone... I'll see if I can find something to reattach it to in the morning now that I know I'm not looking for something to actually plug it into, and if that fails I guess I'll try duct-taping or pipe clamping it to something.

Thank you so much for your help!

TheBac

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal 2.0T
I think the OAT sensor is right next to the left side foglight. That little hole in the foglight housing. It'll be within the arc of the harness length, so shouldnt be too hard to find if its not that spot.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners