• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

PN for engine block heater needed

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
Tried several gm parts online sites and I’m unable to find the engine block heater kit assembly.

Does anyone have the part number?

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
Can someone confirm if this is correct:

Cord
part number: 84110726

Plug
part number: 12586687

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
I did. That's the part number they gave me, but when I check online the plug states it does not fit 2018 TourX...

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I have one from the factory. Its a Philips-Temro unit that only works when the temp is below 0F. I can try to see if it has a P/N.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
So what did the dealer say about it not matching?

I called few local dealers and one of them gave me that part number.
When I plug it in to those online GM parts websites some say it is compatible with 2018 TourX and some say it's not.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
I have one from the factory. Its a Philips-Temro unit that only works when the temp is below 0F. I can try to see if it has a P/N.
It's my understanding the temperature sensor is at the 110 outlet and all that's needed is to cut the cord and put a new end on it.

I would be happy with an outlet on a timer and use it when temperature hits 20F.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
It's my understanding the temperature sensor is at the 110 outlet and all that's needed is to cut the cord and put a new end on it.

I would be happy with an outlet on a timer and use it when temperature hits 20F.
You are correct. Even better, since you are sourcing new just get a cord without the temp sensor from P-T. The connection on the freeze plug heater is not proprietary.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners