Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Might be a question for our nice in-forum GM customer service representative to address?
I was not lazy today, opened the hood and saw the tag on transmission casing. It is Aisin AW unit made in Japan. The (2.0L) engine made in Spring Hill, TN and the most of the parts are Opel's, I guess.:cool:

Last edited:

novadude

Buick Ownership
Buick
My German-built T02 also shows China as trasmission Country of Origin on the window sticker. I believe ours was delivered to the dealer in March.

BuickByOpel

Buick Newbie
New England
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal T07 6 speed manual
Probably not.. just got my new T07.... I do love the wheels on the GS as well as the seats, although I'm not sure they'll carry over to the production model.. One thing I noticed from the pictures is the port hole trim on the hood.. not sure I really care for them... and will the GS be built in Germany or Canada? Is there really a difference? Mine is a German one, and I love it.. I think it might be better than a Canadian one, but that probably more just a mind thing...:vroom:

GottWhat

Shelby Township, MI
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo (T06)
Saw a GS on the road yesterday, they certainly look fantastic in person. If I had waited for the GS to arrive and if they leased as well as our Turbo did, I would have gotten one...

BenReilly

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have to say, the more I see of the GS the more I want one. I only have one complaint about the interior and to me it is a major one that appears in GM vehicles. An all black interior with a light, neutral color for the pillars and headliner. I thought that its presence in my LTZ was a mistake or a way for Chevy for cut a corner, but for it to appear in a Buick is unacceptable to me. I still love the car, but the jarring two-tone in the production version of the GS is a disappointment in such a high-end car.

rockwelll

Buick Ownership
Buick
Im better off with buying the Turbo and swapping the front bumper for a GS front bumper...
I don't mind the rear bumper of the Turbo besides I don't think it's interchangeable for a GS

MLecl0001

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I was really amped to get this car, then I found out how much my insurance would go up. Test drove the LaCrosse loved that car and found out how little my insurance would go up. Then after driving around again and reading the reviews coming out about the car I am starting to get ramped up about the GS again. I am now leaning back toward the GS and just biting the bullet with the insurance. I have seen my insurance drop like crazy the past couple years and I have a clean record so I think it will drop pretty fast again if I stay away from tickets.

pogster

Alberta
I considered a Regal but the GS? No way. The front end looks like the designers were forced into using surplus parts from some other project. "Here ya go...use this box o' stuff up." Nothing is cohesive.