• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Poor Battered Tour X

JenkkiMike

I was t-boned on Saturday morning by a girl who ran a red light. I am working out the insurance stuff still and haven't had an adjuster look at it yet but I was curious what you guys think. Does this damage look repairable or do you think they will just total it?

Attachments

JenkkiMike

Thanks for the well wishes. I hesitate to write anything about the people involved in the crash just in case. I'll have to see what the adjuster determines. It'll be a shame if it's totaled but since I have the rubber mats, spare tire, cargo protector, auto start stop module, etc. I'll have to just get another Tour X if it is.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
You probably won't know until the frame gets measured and seen if it's out of square or not. A lot of the damage LOOKS higher than the frame rails, but it's hard to see below the car.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I'm no expert on this, but unfortunately I would guess it will be totaled. A friend of mine who has a CTS-V wagon (manual!) had someone hit his car that resulted in similar dents to the unibody. Repairs were into the $20k range and took months, as they cut out the whole section of the unibody and welded in a new piece. The relatively rare car was worth a fair bit more, though, so it made sense in that case

Don't forget that when totaling a car, it's not just the cost to repair - it's the cost of repairs compared to the salvage value of the remaining good parts of the vehicle.

Who knows, if it is totaled, maybe that other guy on the forums can get a salvaged tailgate?!

JenkkiMike

I guess. It all depends on how much the payout is and what deal I can get on another Tour X or possibly a used Panamera.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I guess. It all depends on how much the payout is and what deal I can get on another Tour X or possibly a used Panamera.
You don't have to settle with the insurance company until you are satisfied that you are getting enough to replace your car. Their insured is the one at fault and they are responsible for making you whole.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Glad you are ok!

My .02 would be for totaled. If it was just doors then you'd get somewhere but with the wrinkles in the unibody I doubt you'd get an economical repair.

Also surprised that the airbags didn't deploy, I am glad the car did its job and held up.

JenkkiMike

Glad you are ok!

My .02 would be for totaled. If it was just doors then you'd get somewhere but with the wrinkles in the unibody I doubt you'd get an economical repair.

Also surprised that the airbags didn't deploy, I am glad the car did its job and held up.
Luckily it was a Corolla that hit me and not a lifted F350 brodozer.

Ironically I ended up with a Corolla rental for a work trip the other day and it was such a slow piece of crap. What do people find appealing in Toyotas? My old 1999 Camry Solara was better than the 2019 Corolla.

Last edited:

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX

Ironically I ended up with a Corolla rental for a work trip the other day and it was such a slow piece of crap. What do people find appealing in Toyotas? My old 1999 Camry Solara was better than the 2019 Corolla.
Oh come on, it was a Corolla, frugal, dependable, boring, get you where you need to go car. Look how many they sell to people that want that kind of car. I understand why, I just don't want that kind of a vehicle. No, I own a freaking stationwagon ?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

Some people just want a transportation appliance. They have as much emotional attachment to that car as I have to my dishwasher.

If you say something about a car you saw and I ask you: "What kind was it?" You answer: "A red one"

You might be a Toyota customer.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Hope everyone is ok. My guess it is totaled. Though, could be fixed with salvage title. Structural damage isn't fun, even the small one. Especially on awd vehicle. Hopefully, you can settle for enough money, so you can upgrade yourself for 2020 model.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
As far as airbags deployment, I was wondering, if hood start/stop bypass module is doing something with an airbags too?

Pedal Commander