Porsche 911 3.6l fits our Emvision and offers K&N option.

Thread starter #1

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
After a couple of filters that didn't fit I finally found one that fits the engine and offers a freer flowing K&N option. But since this form a 1990 Porsche 911 3.6l the K&N best price I've seen is about $85 and will get one in the future. For now here is the paper version.

Attachments

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I dont think a properly fitting air filter causes a whistle. Are you sure it is properly fitting, height, width, and length? What measurable benefit are you actually getting from using this filter?

Thread starter #4

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
The cotton gauze covered wire used in the K&N has a layer of oil to collect dirt while allowing freer flowing. The paper filter is a little quieter compared to the K&N. The filter fits snuggly like it was designed for the Envision as the height of the rubber around the outside is thicker than OE and squeezes tightly the upper and lower parts of filter housing.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You do realize that the thicker rubber may cause the filter to distort when you secure the cover causing the whistle from air bypassing the filter. When you open the cover the filter would return to it's normal shape so you have no way of knowing if it is being distorted.

Thread starter #6

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
Not when all four sides are sandwiched with the filter housing. It is metal base with cotton gauze wrapped around it. If it would bend I would see it when removed

Thread starter #8

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
Not at all. It was a snug fit and works really well.

The whistle from the 2.0T is a little more pronounced when the windows are open too.

Have you had any issues with using this filter? I have found one for a little over $30. Seems too good to be true.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.