Porsche 911 3.6l fits our Emvision and offers K&N option.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
After a couple of filters that didn't fit I finally found one that fits the engine and offers a freer flowing K&N option. But since this form a 1990 Porsche 911 3.6l the K&N best price I've seen is about $85 and will get one in the future. For now here is the paper version.

Attachments

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I dont think a properly fitting air filter causes a whistle. Are you sure it is properly fitting, height, width, and length? What measurable benefit are you actually getting from using this filter?

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
The cotton gauze covered wire used in the K&N has a layer of oil to collect dirt while allowing freer flowing. The paper filter is a little quieter compared to the K&N. The filter fits snuggly like it was designed for the Envision as the height of the rubber around the outside is thicker than OE and squeezes tightly the upper and lower parts of filter housing.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You do realize that the thicker rubber may cause the filter to distort when you secure the cover causing the whistle from air bypassing the filter. When you open the cover the filter would return to it's normal shape so you have no way of knowing if it is being distorted.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Not when all four sides are sandwiched with the filter housing. It is metal base with cotton gauze wrapped around it. If it would bend I would see it when removed

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Not at all. It was a snug fit and works really well.

The whistle from the 2.0T is a little more pronounced when the windows are open too.

Have you had any issues with using this filter? I have found one for a little over $30. Seems too good to be true.

DKS

Buick Newbie
Bloomington, Indiana
Buick Ownership
Buick Envision 2.0
My filter arrived late last week. It does not fit correctly. You might be able to squeeze it in, but the box screws will not go all the way in with this filter. The risk is too high for a car that costs what this one does. The day after I requested a refund, Amazon, in their knowledge of all things everyone does, sent me one of those, "We think you might like this" emails. The filter did not fit, but it had a link to "items that will fit your car". I checked and there is a K&N for the 2.0 Turbo engine. It is K&N part number 33-5066. The picture has the little thing on the side to fit in the hole in our filter box. It is supposed to arrive Wednesday. I will post if it does, indeed, fit correctly. I love to use K&N filters. I have for over ten years in all of my cars. They give better mileage and a little better response.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
It is a tight fit and mine has worked well. I used a cordless drill on the screws to seal it up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.