Power loss creates a danger of collision

Buick Ownership
Regal 2013
I have a 2013 Buick Regal with eAssist. This occurs at multiple speeds, but the latest event was when driving at around 65 mph on the highway without the cruise control engaged the vehicle door locks suddenly unlock and lock, the car downshifts and the rpms go way up and a light comes on that says "service power steering". I have been taking it to the dealership for the last year for this issue and they say that because there is no code dropped in the computer when it does it and they don't have it happen when they test drive it, they don't know what to do. The car has 80K miles. The issue is occurring more frequently now than when it started. The entire event lasts for about 10 seconds but it is vary scary when you are driving along at 65 mph and all of these these events just happen, especially the high rpms, because it's like engine braking as the transmission downshifts I all of the sudden I am at 58 mph and people behind me are having to dodge me. Is anyone else experiencing this and what was done to resolve.

Buick Ownership
Regal 2013
That's ok, thanks for trying no luck on that either. I did a lot of google searches and I see folks complain about similar problem with no resolution.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Ok can't explain why it gets changed, that is twice it's getting converted to buickforums, it's "regal_fourm_dot_com", hopefully it doesn't automatically link it back here.

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
buickforums[DOT]com/forums/buick-regal-general-discussion/1597-2011-regal-issues-need-input.html

Copy and paste above. Remove the 5 characters in red and replace with a "period". Plug that into your browser.

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Some dealers are idiots !

And even tho there might be codes stored in one or more computers ( there are like 10 different computers that can have stored codes ), some dealers are too stupid or do it on purpose.

jrissman

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal
I have a 2013 Buick Regal with eAssist. This occurs at multiple speeds, but the latest event was when driving at around 65 mph on the highway without the cruise control engaged the vehicle door locks suddenly unlock and lock, the car downshifts and the rpms go way up and a light comes on that says "service power steering". I have been taking it to the dealership for the last year for this issue and they say that because there is no code dropped in the computer when it does it and they don't have it happen when they test drive it, they don't know what to do. The car has 80K miles. The issue is occurring more frequently now than when it started. The entire event lasts for about 10 seconds but it is vary scary when you are driving along at 65 mph and all of these these events just happen, especially the high rpms, because it's like engine braking as the transmission downshifts I all of the sudden I am at 58 mph and people behind me are having to dodge me. Is anyone else experiencing this and what was done to resolve.
I just began to experience the same problem. I began to make videos to show the dealer. Have you had any repair results yet?

Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
I am have the EXACT issue.... couple with the occasional violent slamming of, what seems to be, my transmission at highway speeds... I mean it's scary enough to have the car die at highway speeds as you've described... as MANY others have described!

Buick Ownership
Regal 2013
I am have the EXACT issue.... couple with the occasional violent slamming of, what seems to be, my transmission at highway speeds... I mean it's scary enough to have the car die at highway speeds as you've described... as MANY others have described!
What year is your Regal and what does your shop tell you? Mine is still struggling with replicating the problem.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.