power seat verticle motor in rear jammed on 2007 lucerne

DelapsGarage

Buick Ownership
2000 Lesabre
The rear verticle motor is jammed in the down position and I have tried everything mentioned in tsb 07-08-50-017A and am having no luck getting it unstuck. Anyone run into this before?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Looking at the TSB it doesn't mention to check if the motor or switch is getting power. It may be something to consider and check the switch, motor, connection and harness are in good condition and working with a test meter.

Attachments

• 2070391.pdf
    892.7 KB · Views: 2

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
This happened on our PAU. Although the motors were getting power, the screw rod had come partially out of the threaded bushing, and jammed when we tried to return the seat forward. Our solution was to remove the seat, and disassemble the power mechanism, then, reassembling with the screw rod partially threaded into the threaded bushing. It was a pain, but so is having the seat stuck in one position. We never run the seat to its fully travel, forward, or backward, now.

DelapsGarage

Buick Ownership
2000 Lesabre
The rear verticle motor is trying to move so I know for sure it is getting power to move both directions.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
If it is getting power then it may be as suggested by Ultra Ego that the seat may need to be removed to correct the problem. There are some other post on this same problem TSB in this forum and Cadillac but no updated solution other than the TSB seemed to work.

DelapsGarage

Buick Ownership
2000 Lesabre
When i removed the seat and pulled the gear housing apart I found that two teeth on the nylon gear had been broken and the pieces had jammed the unit.

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
I’ve long since lost track of the thread, but I believe there is a thread on here which directs members to a source that was making these gears for sale, out of metal.

Even with 3D printing, I can’t imagine layered material being strong enough to stand up to the extreme torque loaded on these gears.

You may be able to find someone who can mill that gear out of a strong metal block.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!