Power steering on cold mornings

Xesar Nazario

Buick Ownership
Buick encore
Thread starter #1
Hi guys,
Im new here and to the Buick family. Im havin a seriois problems with my 2013 buick encore. On cold mornings when i turn the car on it thows a "Power Steering Service" light and there is no power steering..this only happens when tempature is below 50's or 40's. Im in florida so it doesnt even get very cold especially not freezing. So as the days passes on finally it goes away after it warms up a bit. Has anybody encountered this problem, or any ideas? I have lost work days because of this and its getting old fast. Thanks

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
You got problems. Mine worked perfect and it was near 0 degrees F here a few times. Failing pump? Low fluid level? A previously flooded vehicle with water in the fluid?

adamcar

Buick Ownership
Buick
Electric Power Steering
The vehicle has electric power
steering. It does not have power
steering fluid. Regular maintenance
is not required.
If power steering assist is lost due
to a system malfunction, the vehicle
can be steered, but may require
increased effort. See your dealer if
there is a problem.

- - - Updated - - -
Have you tried disconnecting battery overnight to reset the systems? Sometimes all the electrics need a reset. Wouldn't hurt to try.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You need to have the system scanned at a shop capable of dealing with BCM codes.

Xesar Nazario

Buick Ownership
Buick encore
Thread starter #5
Ok guys thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I have disconnected the battery but only for about 10 minutes. The only thing that works is if i just wait until the day warms up. And what kills me is i live in florida its barely cold maybe around 50° at night maybe 40 at most

Xesar Nazario

Buick Ownership
Buick encore
Thread starter #8
Hi guys, so i have found temporary fix to my problem. I have not had time to go to mechanic since i will probably will have to leave car overnight just so problem can be analyzed.
[Heres what i did!]
First,
make sure car is on.
Inside car go to compartment where fuses are.
Unplug blue cable from behind steering wheel and then plug back in!
***Walaah---see pics

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.