• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

power window quit

Maylar

Connecticut
Buick Ownership
1999 Park Ave Ultra; 1985 Olds Delta-88 Royale
1999 PAU my driver's side window just stopped working (luckily it's up). I can hear a click when I push the button but get no window movement.

Most likely suspect?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Multiple choice, drivers door MC switch is bad or going, window motor gone, wiring harness or conections. If all the other windows are operating it will limit it to the driver's door and using a meter it could let you know what part in the driver's door is not working properly. Best guess at this time.

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
1999 PAU my driver's side window just stopped working (luckily it's up). I can hear a click when I push the button but get no window movement.

Most likely suspect?
I agree with everything written by 2007LucerneCXL but have one addition item to mention. This is a long shot but I have experienced this actually working. In some cases the window glass will become “stuck” in the rubber guides. Apply a generous amount of silicone spray to the window glass and guides on both sides, inside and out. Next step, slam the car door while pressing the down button. If this works lubricate the other windows with silicone spray to keep them from sticking.

Maylar

Connecticut
Buick Ownership
1999 Park Ave Ultra; 1985 Olds Delta-88 Royale
I agree with everything written by 2007LucerneCXL but have one addition item to mention. This is a long shot but I have experienced this actually working. In some cases the window glass will become “stuck” in the rubber guides. Apply a generous amount of silicone spray to the window glass and guides on both sides, inside and out. Next step, slam the car door while pressing the down button. If this works lubricate the other windows with silicone spray to keep them from sticking.
You da man! Thanks, that worked!

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
You da man! Thanks, that worked!
I am glad that it worked. In case you ever encounter an electric fuel pump that is not working, here is a tip.
Using a rubber mallet, rap the side of the fuel tank a couple of times. In some cases the pump will start and may allow you to at least move the vehicle to a safer place.