Powerstop front kit on 2009 CXL

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
I know the mileage on my 2009 Lacrosse CXL is pretty low for pad replacement at 27,000 but I had a rotor that had a warp to it. So i picked up the pad and rotor kit from power stop. It was cheaper than buying oem and oem standard rotors. I don't know if it was because for the first 5 years of the cars life and it only had 8000 miles with all trips starting and ending on a dirt road had anything to do with it but those bolts didn't want to move. I had to use a breaker bar on the caliper slide bolts and the service manual has them somewhere in the 30 ftlb range.

I haven't done the break-in yet so time will tell. I've heard good and bad on the power stop kits. I had some concern getting the new pads back into the retaining bracket. It was a tight fit for sure.

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
Did the break in this morning and the rest of my commute was good. They were loud when I started but once seated they are smooth and quiet.

Nelson480

Buick Ownership
2011 LaCrosse CXL
The caliper bolts have loctite blue from the factory, that is why they are so difficult to remove. I normally use an impact for easy in/out of those bolts

Get your turbo buick badge right here!