• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Powertrain warranty question

Smoothsailer717

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore
So i bought a 2019 encore new in 2020…. The window sticker says 4 year 50,000 mile powertrain warranty… however when i bought it the salesman mentioned that buick had changed it to 3 year 36,000 mile so thats all i would get…

whats the truth on this? The window sticker says 4 years… so i would think gm would honor that if needed… but maybe they can change it??

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
So i bought a 2019 encore new in 2020…. The window sticker says 4 year 50,000 mile powertrain warranty… however when i bought it the salesman mentioned that buick had changed it to 3 year 36,000 mile so thats all i would get…

whats the truth on this? The window sticker says 4 years… so i would think gm would honor that if needed… but maybe they can change it??
Create an account on my.buick.com. You'll need your VIN number. Once this is setup you'll see a warranty section that will tell what is in effect and when each warranty expires. When you take it in for service, the service writer will also see what is covered and what is not. Sales people usually are not as well informed as they should be, but things can change so quickly it can be hard for them to keep up.

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package

2019 powertrain warranty is 6 years or 70,000 miles.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!