• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Pre made brake line assemblies?

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
So I was looking st my car and noticed my brake lines are getting a little iffy. And on line I found some sources for premade fuel lines, which I will get, but I'm having trouble finding brake lines. I would like to do All the brake lines on the car and just get em all done. Bending all of that line doesnt sound fun..

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
They are like hens teeth, if you find a set that will probably be the only one available and for some reason the aftermarket suppliers are not making them. If you can't find them then it's make your own, stainless steel, copper-nickel, pvc clad, green coated being the choices in lines. There's cheaper material but being in a road salt state not much need to consider it IMO.

Ziggy

Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue 91 base
I have done it.. for steel lines you need a line bending tool. It's not that expensive ($20?) but nickel/copper and certainly copper lines are much softer so you can bend those by hand. It won't be as pretty as they were originally bent, but they're under the car anyway.
Don't mix different materials per axle as they might affect the ABS due to copper being softer as steel, so don't do left rear in steel and left right in copper or something.
And you'd be surprised how much brake line you need for a PA, I don't remember exactly but it was easily around 50 feet... might have been 75 as well.

Buick Ownership
I know how to do it... just be nice if someone made them already. Lot of lines on the car.. because of ABS. Since it doesn't appear to be too bad on the ones on the ABS module, I might just do the main lines since those are the only really bad ones.

Ziggy

Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue 91 base
Check if your brake lines have those original springs around them whatever they are called, they are the worst, all of my brake lines were badly rusted under those springs.
I've had original brake lines shipped (not PA), if they are longer as about 2 feet they will just roll them up anyway it's next to impossible to ship a 10+ feet brake line. I had to straighten them out, still looked like I hand made them, probably took an equal amount of time as just making them from scratch.

Crash928

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
So I was looking st my car and noticed my brake lines are getting a little iffy. And on line I found some sources for premade fuel lines, which I will get, but I'm having trouble finding brake lines. I would like to do All the brake lines on the car and just get em all done. Bending all of that line doesnt sound fun..

Crash928

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I purchased a complete set of brake lines from Motor City Muscle car for my 2001 Park Ave. I only purchased the regular steel lines but they offer SS as well (which in hindsight I probably should have gotten) but the regular steel ones were great.

Buick Ownership
How was fitment? They were pre bent and done well? I see their seleciton and I am definitely going to do this when I do the brake lines on my car. I already ordered a set for my 99 aurora which needs them now

Happy

Buick Ownership
1999 buick park avenue
How was fitment? They were pre bent and done well? I see their seleciton and I am definitely going to do this when I do the brake lines on my car. I already ordered a set for my 99 aurora which needs them now
Hey, I see that you are regularly asking questions and stuff. So, do u happen to know if the front suspension cross member for a 2000 model will fit on a 99?

Buick Ownership
They should, the only year I think would be dicey would be a 97 or earlier. They used more steel components than a 98+ use aluminum. I would check though. Did yours rust out?

Kd4ttc

Naperville IL
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback
What do you mean by the lines look iffy?

Also, don’t use copper. They start out fine, but then rupture under use at the flange after a time. They need to be approved for brake lines with the correct flange geometry.

Pedal Commander