• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

pretty sure I need to change battery on my 95 - any suggestions?

three4rd

Buick Ownership
Buick
I've never done it. Car ran fine yesterday, won't start today. All the lights are dim, etc. Don't recall leaving the door open so perhaps it just went dead. Been changed twice but always at the garage. It's a vented battery (under the rear seat) and so there is a tube running across it that connects to a small slot on both sides. The battery is a 79-R AC Delco 840 CCA 140RC. Last replaced in April 2012. Two questions: 1) worth trying to charge? 2) any precautions before trying to remove it? Looks like there are some pretty substantial cables behind it possibly not allowing a whole lot of room, but guess once the terminals are disconnected some of that stuff will push back out of the way. Thanks for any advice....

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Check the total number of months that battery is rated for, pretty sure that you passed it by a couple of years, so it's time to replace it as it's 8 years old.

three4rd

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yeah...I don't think I'll even bother with charging. Not sure how easy it'll come out, but our local auto parts store has these batteries. Will probably take it there tomorrow.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
You are lucky, most batterys fail in 2-4 yrs! Like humans, batteries get old & die! Most brick box auto stores offer free battery replacement. The employees also hate the work on replacing the one under the rear seat with vent tubes. It takes twice the effort & time then the ones located under the hood! I hope you can get it charged enough to make to one of those stores.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
2012.. time to change. I once had a service rated battery that was 10 years old and still going strong. Abused it one too many times and had to change it. Wish I recalled the brand name. Otherwise I reccomend Costco batteries if you're a member/have them near you. Fairly priced, made by a major manufacturer, and can be returned and replaced easily if needed.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
The battery is under the rear seat. It is a special battery that vents through a tube that goes through the floor. It is a very powerful battery and being under the rear seat, it has a much better environment than being under the hood. That makes the battery last a very long time. They do eventually go though. I've owned my Riv since 2004. I only replaced the battery once, and that was at least 7 years ago. The Riv battery really lasts. I had to get the replacement at the dealer.

Turbo Buick Badge