• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Price You Paid? - Since People are Shopping..

Thinkmatt

Pinckney, MI
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Turbo
Hello everyone,

I, as well as a few others it looks like, are currently shopping for a Verano/Verano-T. I'm curious what kind of deals those of you out there have made?

I'm a little on the fence about a deal I have on the table for a Verano Turbo and just wanted some comparison numbers. I don't know if it'll be just out of the range and push me into a Cruze or something. My guess is, the price difference won't be enough to dissuade me from going to the Verano. (Yes, looking for something of a little re-assurance I guess. LOL)

Thanks everyone!

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I think the best deals are used. In the spring yahoo autos had the best selection if you input verano premium then look through for the options you want. Used you can them about $8,000 off msrp with only 5,000-7,000 miles. You might have to travel a bit for the best deal and that can work in your favor when inquiring.

Mrdummy

TheFitnessBoard.com
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
Well I'm doing a lease for 24 months, with the free maintenance, free xm satellite and free onstar all for the full 24 months of lease.

I'm not sure what I got car for total, but payments are $340 a month.

MrD

longislander

LI, NY
Buick Ownership
'15 Encore Premium FWD White Pearl/Saddle (wife's car)
Mr.D which model Verano and what options do you have for that price? I'm paying just under $250 a month on that same 24 month "Experience Buick" lease for a '13 Convenience Group with no other options.

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mrdummy

TheFitnessBoard.com
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
I have the leather package version without navigation or sunroof and with regular 2.4L engine.

Only complaint so far is the gas mileage, which is only around 19 mpg, so I don't know if its the mileage being only at 2400 miles or if the Climate control set at 68F is being the cause of bad mileage?

MrD

jeepgrady

Contributing Member
Lehighton, Pa.
Buick Ownership
2018 Enclave Avenir
I've got about 2700 miles on mine and my mileage readout says 28.9, so something doesn't sound right with yours. Previous readouts have been in the same range.

Mrdummy

TheFitnessBoard.com
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
Jeepgrady,

Is it a turbo, a manual trans or do you not have your auto climate control on all the time set between 66F to 68F?

Or drive it any certain way to get that good of mileage?

PS

Thanks,
MrD

Cause yes, there is definitely something wrong with my car

Mrdummy

TheFitnessBoard.com
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
PS. I just reset my mileage button to see what's up, and am going to let the tank run dry or damn near dry, then fill to the top to average out gas mileage the old way.

But usually the cars mpg tracker is pretty good.

But its bugging me to death at why others are getting over 23 or so and I'm getting 19...

MrD

jeepgrady

Contributing Member
Lehighton, Pa.
Buick Ownership
2018 Enclave Avenir
Jeepgrady,

Is it a turbo, a manual trans or do you not have your auto climate control on all the time set between 66F to 68F?

Or drive it any certain way to get that good of mileage?

PS

Thanks,
MrD

Cause yes, there is definitely something wrong with my car
It's no turbo, no manual. Has auto climate, set to 72 and that is way too cold. If yours is set to 66-68, then your system is definitely not right. I drive normally on roads that include many uphills.

Mrdummy

TheFitnessBoard.com
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
I know the collision shop said they swapped the A/C condenser along with the other body parts.

But I will have my dealership look into it at my 1st service appt.

MrD

ter06

Philadelphia Pa
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano (White diamond Tricoat) and 2013 Buick Verano ( Carbon Black Metallic) turbo.
My MPG's got better after I hit about 3k. a hillacious drive is what's killing your mileage.
my previous commute when i got the car was about 100miles each way ( yes, I know ) between the 2.4L or the 2.0t i average about 36-37 in the 2.4 and about 34 in the turbo. both auto's

Thinkmatt

Pinckney, MI
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Turbo
So, here's what I just got...used, 8k miles on it...24k out the door. VERY, VERY happy with that price.

Mrdummy

TheFitnessBoard.com
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
That is a great deal on this vehicle, I am trying to get excited about having mine, but that accident really took the oomphh out of that new car feeling.

But I'm hoping after Buick looks it over to make sure all is well, I don't think I can get that feeling back.

Once I get the "yeah its all good" from dealership, then I'm going to have it detailed by a pro...

Anyone here do detailing that lives close to MI? Or can recommend a good place for just an interior cleaning and maybe a 1 stage exterior detail?

MrD

Thinkmatt

Pinckney, MI
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Turbo
It's a turbo, manual, with nav and a sunroof. Basically, it's loaded other than the "premium" wheels..which many will say is simply personal choice versus being "premium". I'm happy with the wheels I have and this car is an absolute BLAST to drive. Just trying to get some $$ squared away for some mods now.

Is it a Turbo or 2.4L ? Manual or Auto ?
And does it have any options like the Nav or Premium wheels ?

buickmn

Buick Ownership
Buick
That is an awesome deal. I paid 29k out of the door for Turbo with nav, sunroof and those "premium" wheels.

Thinkmatt

Pinckney, MI
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Turbo
I should note, the car had 8k miles on it when I got it. It was labeled as used, not brand new. That said, it's still a great deal as I compared it to many others available out there.

That is an awesome deal. I paid 29k out of the door for Turbo with nav, sunroof and those "premium" wheels.

buickmn

Buick Ownership
Buick
I should note, the car had 8k miles on it when I got it. It was labeled as used, not brand new. That said, it's still a great deal as I compared it to many others available out there.

True, its not brand new but probably the best deal around. I shopped for used Verano here in MN but the best I could get was for 25k (not out of the door). I wanted only a premium/turbo. So, decided it was better to go for a new one although it cost a few grand more.

What mods are you planning on it ? Any plans of tuning it for more BHP ?
The car came with everything I wanted. Although, I would have loved an additional 50 hp :D which BMW 135 gives at a much higher price point which I cannot afford.

toaster

Buick Ownership
2014 White Diamond Verano Turbo
Invoice ($31,245.15) minus $1250 in consumer cash/rebates $1250... So 29,995.16 before tax, license, and doc fees.

Our 2014 Verano is the premium package with White Diamond paint, navigation and the optional alloy wheels.