• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Prior Owner 2018 Quicksilver Tourx with cladding removed in Delaware

Thatguy81

Buick Ownership
Tourx
hi peeps, my wife and I are looking at a 2018 Essence from the Carmax in Newark Delaware and I figured it was owned by a lurker on this board. Prior owner removed the cladding from the sides and repainted the trim on the bumpers body color. As mentioned in the title it is Quicksilver metallic with black 18" wheels. This ring a bell to anyone? Also, while looking at the car I noticed a small amount of standing oil on top of the transmission. I'm a decent shade tree mechanic so that struck me as odd, especially since the rest of the car was so clean. Just trying to find a little history on this example before I pull the trigger. Thanks, and if we get this one or when we get one period I'll post pics!

Thatguy81

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Does Carmax run CarFax reports?
Autocheck report comes back clean, haven't run a carfax. One prior Owner, not leased or anything. It's a pretty clean car and we definitely like it, just want to make sure PO wasn't dumping a lemon.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
I bought through Carmax. Take the car for a 24-hour test drive and have a reputable shop look it over. If you’re satisfied with their analysis, sign papers and you’ll still have 30 days to return the car for a full refund.

If the mechanic finds something wrong, take the car to Carmax and they will verify and fix the issue. They will also reimburse you for incidentals. My mechanic suggested new wiper blades and a new cabin air filter. I installed them myself and Carmax reimbursed me.

That’s exactly what I did and I have 10 days left on my 30-days. Also, Carmax will give you a 90-day/1500 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty after the 30-days.

You might have trouble finding another TourX if you let this one go. As long as there are no major issues, buy it and drive the sh*t out of it for 30-days.

Correction on the bumper-to-bumper warranty. It’s 90-days/4000 miles. And the “Love your car guarantee” is 30-days/1500 miles

Last edited:

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
And I will bring every thread to plastidip… when you get the car feel the wheels to determine if it is paint or rubbery plastidip. Lots of people dip their wheels as it peels right off if you want to revert back to the factory finish. The glossiness of the picture looks like paint to me, but they do have some new high gloss dip that is really hard to tell. When you get the car (assuming you try the 24 hour test drive) take a wheel off and see if they painted the backs or look for overspray. Dip overspray will come off pretty easily if you rub it with your fingers. Paint overspray won’t.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Looks like the front quarter cladding is still on the side of the front bumper!

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Somebody send the pics from that listing to the RenCen with the note "YOU REALLY DON'T THINK THIS WOULD HAVE SOLD BETTER THAN WHAT YOU GAVE US?"

Abbott Martin

Buick Boomer
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence DC1, DC2, S&S, Sunroof in Rouge Brown over Ebony
Somebody send the pics from that listing to the RenCen with the note "YOU REALLY DON'T THINK THIS WOULD HAVE SOLD BETTER THAN WHAT YOU GAVE US?"
RenCen?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The beancounters...don't I dislike them...
They don't even have the guts to offer them as optional where I can get the A4 with body colour!

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
I never thought I'd say this, but I think that silver car would look better with the OEM cladding. And black wheels? Black wheels remind me of cars from "the old days" that had the hubcaps (wheel covers) missing. To each his own but it's not a look I care for.

Thatguy81

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Wow, got home from work and the thread has grown. Let me see, yeah saw the cladding still on bumper, it's the same for the back. BUT, it's been painted rather well and is not obtrusive. Still, wife and I are thinking of just buying the sportback bumper and painting it up. The black wheels are cool because the brake dust is less obvious. (Last daily was an Abarth with white wheels, so I'm a big believer in dark wheels). Yeah we plan to put the car through its paces to ensure nothing is wrong with it. I'm already annoyed the cargo cover is missing from the car. I'm used to parts scrounging but not on something so new. I'm guessing the only way to find one now is make a wanted thread in the classifieds or cruise eBay. Oh, last but not least, wheels are not plastidipped. That was my first thought as well, but they have been professionally done and then clear coated. In fact, they looked so good I thought it was an original Buick option, hence the question. Anyhow thank you everyone for the feedback and advice! One last question, is it confirmed that the Buick first aid kit and road triangle are an exact fit for the slots on the inside of the lift gate? Oh wait I lied! For real last question, is there a difference between the Thule canoe holders on the Buick accessories page and what Amazon sells, other than the $40 price difference?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
@Thatguy81
Let's save you the trouble of finding the thread of swapping the front bumper.

@Zaxer did that and has a thread on the topic.

On the other hand, I got part number 93199658 reflection triangle in the tailgate's slot, along with part number 93199417 first aid kit.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
@Thatguy81
Let's save you the trouble of finding the thread of swapping the front bumper.

@Zaxer did that and has a thread on the topic.

On the other hand, I got part number 93199658 reflection triangle in the tailgate's slot, along with part number 93199417 first aid kit.
Then there’s the cargo rail and sliders which I paid way too much for.

Abbott Martin

Buick Boomer
Buick Ownership
Then there’s the cargo rail and sliders which I paid way too much for.
Rail? I thought my sliders were missing but the previous owner put them under the floor by the subwoofer.

Abbott Martin

Buick Boomer
Buick Ownership
I never thought I'd say this, but I think that silver car would look better with the OEM cladding. And black wheels? Black wheels remind me of cars from "the old days" that had the hubcaps (wheel covers) missing. To each his own but it's not a look I care for.
I disagree…light colors do not compliment the cladding.
The tradeoff of hiding the cladding is that most dark colors are either black or dark blue which stay clean for maybe 72 hours after washing the car. For 6 of the 8 colors we got, smoked pearl & Rioja red being the exceptions, it’s “what do you like less, cladding or dirt?”
Buick should have offered Carrageen instead of 2 different shades of white.

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners