Problems Making Voice Command Phone Calls

Dan_Lockwood

Buick
Okay, I had an iPhone 4S and with all my contacts, all I had to say was call John Doe at Home, or John Doe on cell, and my call either went to his home or cell. This was not an issue.

Update, now I have a Galaxy S4. I've transferred all my contacts and they're there without any issues. I can make a car call on the phone by touching the numbers just like on the iPhone.

But when I push the phone button the steering wheel, I say Dial, it says say name or number. When I say a contact name, it say dialing and I see a number show up on the screen like, 43823 and it says call cannot be completed as dialed. I've tried about every contact and it always shows just a few numbers and does not call. Again if I open the contact list on my phone and press the number, it comes through the car system without any issues.

When I forgo the contact name and try to say a phone number, it always tags on two extra numbers at the end and says the call cannot be completed as dialed. Example: 989XXX294490. It's usually 90 that gets tagged to the end of the phone number. I've tried to pause when saying the numbers between the sets, but that doesn't work. I pause at the end and then say Dial. This is getting very frustrating.

I'm also getting more static with this phone through the car system than I ever got with the iPhone.

I'm new to Android phones, always had iPhones. I do have an Android Asus Infinity 700 pad, so I'm familiar with Android in general, sort of that is.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dan

BarMixer

Delaware
2005 Lacrosse 2013 Verano "T"
I have a Galaxy S3 - after the phone connects via Bluetooth, I press the button on the steering wheel and say " Call John Doe", not dial. It works fine, although I may get a response saying "phonebook download in progress, please try later".

Dan_Lockwood

Buick
Kelly,

Thanks for the phone number.

I set my Galaxy S4 to "Drive Mode" and it is a "bit" better, but still not what my iPhone was. So my issues could be Android or Samsung based.

Thanks again for the information.

Dan

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
2018 TourX
I have a Galaxy S3 - after the phone connects via Bluetooth, I press the button on the steering wheel and say " Call John Doe", not dial. It works fine, although I may get a response saying "phonebook download in progress, please try later".
My Android LG Q slider works like that. No problems.

tmccord27

Buick
Hey Dan,

I had the same issue with an Android Exhibit phone. I found that if I saved the number in the phone book I do not have the issue with the phone dialer. It recognizes my voice command to call whomever every time now using my device. Hope this helps.

spinny

Buick Newbie
Buick
I have the same issue with an iphone5.

Alexandria91

2016 Buick Enclave
So we just bought our car today and the I can't get the voice recognition to work with my phone I will say "call mom" and it start dialing random numbers but with my husband's phone it works just fine, is it just because I don't have a fancy phone? They are both samsung.

Alexandria91

2016 Buick Enclave
I am having problems with my voice commands working with my phone. My husband's works fine with my car but mine won't work. I'll say "call mom on mobile" and it'll start dialing random numbers. We both have samsung too. Could it be that I don't have a fancy phone?

Seanmelsam

2017 Buick Enclave
I am having problems with my voice commands working with my phone. My husband's works fine with my car but mine won't work. I'll say "call mom on mobile" and it'll start dialing random numbers. We both have samsung too. Could it be that I don't have a fancy phone?
I have the same problem with my iPhone. Anxiously awaiting a response to your post. Very frustrating... but if I dial directly from my phone, the correct contact appears on my Enclave display.

Good Samaritan

Enclave
I have the same problem with my iPhone. Anxiously awaiting a response to your post. Very frustrating... but if I dial directly from my phone, the correct contact appears on my Enclave display.
Take off any and all emojis on your contact list. No stars, hearts, nothing. Then go to the car, turn it on to connect your device. Give it a few tries, but it should work. That is what I tried and it is working. I believe the infotainment system software or whatever it is called can't understand some of the emojis and its messing with its ability to access your contacts.

Good Samaritan

Enclave
Take off any and all emojis on your contact list. No stars, hearts, nothing. Then go to the car, turn it on to connect your device. Give it a few tries, but it should work. That is what I tried and it is working. I believe the infotainment system software or whatever it is called can't understand some of the emojis and its messing with its ability to access your contacts.

G-660959

Since I updated my iPhone iOS, no voice command to make a call will work. I can dial manually on my phone and have it go thru the intellilink sound system, but the voice command won’t work. It’s very frustrating

dzuro

Enclave 2015
Thank you so much. This was exactly the problem I have had since I had one phone number in my contacts that had an emoji since spring. I took the emoji off and I do not have any problem with my voice command now. It did take a few tries as you said. I also reprogrammed my phone to my car.

Valerie Slaght

Enclave
Since I updated my iPhone iOS, no voice command to make a call will work. I can dial manually on my phone and have it go thru the intellilink sound system, but the voice command won’t work. It’s very frustrating
I am having same issue.The voice button on steering wheel doesn’t work. I have to use phone to dial then the conversation is heard through radio. Just started a couple months ago. It is very frustrating.

Turbo Buick Badge