• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Programing Keyless Remote

QHC

Buick Newbie
There's supposed to be a fuse that you need to remove before going through the procedure to program the keyless remotes. Does anyone know where this fuse is located?
Thanks,
QHC

QHC

Buick Newbie
Found the instructions for programing keyless remotes myself. Here they are:

pontiac-dude [sm_search.gif]
AF Newbie

Programming key fob for 02 Buick Rendezvous

There's a manual method of programming keyless entry transmitters also. Make sure that you have all the transmitters you want to be able to use handy because the system will have to "learn" each one, even if they already worked before. If you have the memory seat/radio/mirror option you'll need to program the remote for 'driver 1' first, then 'driver 2', then up to 2 others. Here's how to do it:
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch to the unlock position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The body control module (BCM) will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry transmitter simultaneously for approximately 5 seconds . The BCM will sound two beeps in order to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed.
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode.
12. Verify the proper operation of each transmitter.

Quiller

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
Programming the remotes is different for each model car. The above procedure will work for Buick Regals. The Riviera and Park Ave use a different procedure involving jumping out two pins on the Data Link Connector. You must have all the remotes you intend to program and use. You cannot add remotes one at a time, they must all be programmed at the same time. The chassis service manuals give the procedure for each model. In addition, each model uses a separate part # keyless remote. They may all look the same, but they will only work for specific models.

93Miata

I was looking for replacement keyless entry remotes not too long ago and I found a site that had them for $29.99 for my 98 Regal.

I had them delivered in less than a week and the programming instructions only took maybe 10 seconds?

Anyways, here's a link to the site:

Https://www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

Just click the Buick category, or type CENTURY in their search box.

shawoli

Buick Newbie
Programming mode won't start

Hi!
Acquired a second hand 1992 Park Avenue, but the previous driver lost the remote. I queried the local GM dealer, and he confirmed that the Buick came out of factory with a built-in keyless system. So I bought a remote, but can't get the vehicule into programming mode.

When I jump pin A and G (DLC is 12 pins), nothing happens (no lock - unlock of doors). Pin G has a metal connector (as it should), and I can do the ECM testing by jumping A and B pins (so not a A pin problem or jumper problem). I tried both as the car manual says (removing the keys from the ignition), and the procedure which came with the remote says (leaving the keys in the OFF position).

Would anyone have an idea (some fuse somewhere?, a missing part?).

Thanx

hollingshausj

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I just tried the steps for my 2004 rendezvous and they worked perfectly. Dont forget to hold the unlock button while you insert the key.

bennylw

Värmland, Sweden
Buick Ownership
1995 Roadmaster Wagon Estate
Hi there, is there anybody who knows the sequence for programming a Roadmaster 1995?
update: found the two prong connector in the back left pillar on my estate -95.
I shorted the connector with a screwdriver - pressed unlock on the first remote, and then did the same with the other - removed the screwdriver and...It worked!
No need to buy instructions or wait for my GM-shop to find out how to do it!
Thanks everybody who posted about remotes in the past.

Last edited:

g_138161

I have a Buick rondeveau...2003
.and I tried to program mine and it still didn't work..what do I do

Turbo Buick Badge