• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

Proportioning valve, combination valve

eloquaint

Buick Ownership
96 Roadmaster limited sedan
Good afternoon all, I have a 96 RMS with a proportioning / combination valve that is leaking out the end under that rubber cap. I've been looking around and the part seems to be totally discontinued. Has anyone had any luck finding a replacement? I hate getting junk yard parts for this kind of thing.

torres7

Lincoln Nebraska
Buick Ownership
Buick RMW
What I've done before in those situations is buy a pack of assorted O-rings and rubber seals for plumbing fixtures. There's all different sizes in the package so you can mess with them and find the one that fits the best. Or you can take yours out, take it to a hardware store and match a few, if you get lucky you'll find one that fits tight.

eloquaint

Buick Ownership
It seems to be leaking out the hole in the end, not past the o-ring. It looks like it is supposed to be a bleeder of some sort but with it closed all of the way brake fluid is still coming out.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera

eloquaint

Buick Ownership
Ah, thank you! That should do the trick. It looks like the o-ring on the opposite side of that plug on the inner surface has begun to leak. I guess I'll get it apart and mic that o-ring then grab it off mcmaster carr.