• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

PSI monitor showing measurement for wrong tire

CPatrice

Boston, MA
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Encore Premium named "Java Joe"
Hi, pardon my inarticulate description. I'm hoping someone can enlighten me so I understand what's going on.

The tire pressure monitor was showing that my left front tire was getting progressively low. Despite putting in air, it was only showing a PSI of 15. Went to the tire store today, and they told me that my right rear tire had a nail in it and was leaking. I reiterated what the display said, and the guy at the tire store asked if I had recently gotten my tires rotated (I haven't), and told me that the sensor was screwed up. The left front tire was overfilled (because I believe what my car was telling me and not using a gauge, dumb me) and the rear tire was very low.

In browsing the forum, it sounds like the sensor needs the individual tire, not the location, so a tire swap would result in incorrect PSI data, and therefor a reset is recommended. Then I got lost. How do I reset the PSI monitor? People talked about a kit...I don't want to buy a kit. I want to know if it's something I can do, or do I need to take it to the dealer. If there is a kind soul who could explain what's going on and how to fix it, I'd be eternally grateful.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
There is full details on the TPMS system and instructions on how to reset it so that the display is correct for each tires location in the owners manual. I'm suprised the tire store didn't do it as for them it's a easy process.

Steveyo

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Encore
Hi, pardon my inarticulate description. I'm hoping someone can enlighten me so I understand what's going on.

The tire pressure monitor was showing that my left front tire was getting progressively low. Despite putting in air, it was only showing a PSI of 15. Went to the tire store today, and they told me that my right rear tire had a nail in it and was leaking. I reiterated what the display said, and the guy at the tire store asked if I had recently gotten my tires rotated (I haven't), and told me that the sensor was screwed up. The left front tire was overfilled (because I believe what my car was telling me and not using a gauge, dumb me) and the rear tire was very low.

In browsing the forum, it sounds like the sensor needs the individual tire, not the location, so a tire swap would result in incorrect PSI data, and therefor a reset is recommended. Then I got lost. How do I reset the PSI monitor? People talked about a kit...I don't want to buy a kit. I want to know if it's something I can do, or do I need to take it to the dealer. If there is a kind soul who could explain what's going on and how to fix it, I'd be eternally grateful.

Here's a link to a discussion on this forum that deals with your questions:

TPMS re-learn when rotating tires

Pedal Commander