• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

push button start on REgal TourX that occasionally does not start right away

TourREX owner

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick TourX Essence
We have a 2019 Regal TourX Essence wagon that has less than 4k miles. We got it end of August 2019. The push button start usually only cranks about 3 times and off she goes. About once a month, when trying to start, the starter engages and cranks about a dozen times like an old carbureted car would when it has not been started recently. It finally goes but you can tell the light in the button dims during this cranking process. Does anyone else have this situation? Do you know if it is a sign of bigger problems ahead. It has never done this during the auto restart when at a stop sign only occasionally when starting from push button after car has been stopped for a time (such as after a day at the office or overnight in the garage). Thanks for your thoughts.

Discod

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportback
Stupid question, but are you just pushing it lightly once, and not holding it in too long? I succeeded in flooding mine once when it was new by holding the button too long, and it went into an endless cycle. I had to turn it off again and wait. If it’s not related to this, definitely take it in while it’s under warranty.

G-787000

Stupid question, but are you just pushing it lightly once, and not holding it in too long? I succeeded in flooding mine once when it was new by holding the button too long, and it went into an endless cycle. I had to turn it off again and wait. If it’s not related to this, definitely take it in while it’s under warranty.
Thank you. I always just push the button and release. It usually starts right away. In the few other cases I pushed button and released but the starter continued cranking to eventually start after about 10 cranks

TourREX owner

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick TourX Essence
I always just push the start button and release. It usually cranks 2 or 3 times and starts. On those few other times, my finger if not on the button but the starter stays engaged about 10 cranks before the engine finally fires. Not sure if fuel pump is not putting gas to the engine, whether the plugs are not firing or some other problem (or just nothing to be worried about). Thanks.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I have not really experienced this but I do recall at least one other thread on this but I don't recall what if anything was the resolution.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
It happened once to me, right after an oil change for some reason. Make sure your battery stays charged. My car gets a maintenance charge regularly using a Battery Tender. After listening to many, many podcasts I’ve realized that we‘re not driving cars, we have networks on wheels.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
The "long cranking time" happened only once on mine in the 9 months I've owned it.

TourREX owner

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick TourX Essence
Thank you FavaBean No real answers over there either but will watch and wait.
The "long cranking time" happened only once on mine in the 9 months I've owned it.
The condition must be a somewhat common thing that we all seem to see once in awhile. Interesting. Thank you

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
FWIW - I had it happen to me once in 13 months. The car also idled like shit for about 10 seconds afterward. It almost stalled....then leveled out.

Turbo Buick Badge