Question ... 2003 Regal LS sway bar

The sway bar on our 03 Regal GS was cracked on the ends ... both sides. I ordered another one from Rock Auto for $90 shipped. Links and everything included, a great deal.

When we removed the old sway bar it was hollow. The new one is much heavier and solid, not hollow.

The car has a much firmer ride taking corners and curves now, not a problem for me at all. In fact, I like the ride better than when the original sway bar was on it.

Was the original sway bar for a more floaty ride or a GM cost saving/weight move?

journeyforce

Buick Ownership
Buick
Probably a little of both or a cost cutting corner from GM or all of the above. So the new bar gives the car a more solid ride?

Probably a little of both or a cost cutting corner from GM or all of the above. So the new bar gives the car a more solid ride?

Less roll. Not as floaty. She squats in a curve. Handles more like my old Lumina Eurosport than the standard Regal.

I like it. What I found after I ordered the part is that it's manufactured in China. Let's see if they can process good steel.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!