Question on using LED for high beams and DRL

PA2013

The Midwest
Buick Ownership
1998 Park Ave
And it works, when I put it in drive or reverse the high beams come on in reduced brightness level.
Fascinating. It is entirely possible (as has already been the case once or twice in this thread) that I am mistaken about how this actually works. I've not actually tried installing the F-16 set in the car yet, but I think I will do so anyway this weekend and try them out for a week. If the daytime running lights wind up working, then we'll just have to chalk it up to my own misunderstanding of the process. If they don't, then it's possible that there might be different revisions of this product. I don't think that the housings have anything to do with it, since there is no wiring or electrical components inside of them.

PA2013

The Midwest
Buick Ownership
1998 Park Ave
I installed the F-16 highbeams today and can confirm that the ones that I purchased do not seem to support operation at lower voltage, contrary to the findings of both BulbFacts.com and one other person in this thread, but I'm not saying that anybody is lying or mistaken. Instead, I suspect that I'm the odd man out and wound up with either an earlier or later revision of the product that doesn't support dimming. At this point, I'll give them a try just to see how I like them as highbeams before deciding whether or not I can live without DRL.

It is worth mentioning that they just barely fit. In fact, I think that the heatsink assembly might have actually been touching the plastic piece that sticks out directly behind the highbeam.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.