Quiet 2020 Encore GX?

3manped

Buick Ownership
2020Buick Encore GX Essence 1.3L FWD
I'm mostly satisfied with my new GX,but am wondering if the active noise cancellation is working.Also literature said acoustic windshield and side glass.The side glass is not acoustic.The vehicle is not much quieter than my 2019 Jeep Cherokee.

mshultz

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore Essence AWD
Consumer Reports says about the Jeep Cherokee "The ride is stiff, and the coarse engine noise mars an otherwise quiet cabin." Since you say your Encore GX is quieter, that would seem to indicate that your car is performing as it should.

3manped

Buick Ownership
2020Buick Encore GX Essence 1.3L FWD
Consumer Reports says about the Jeep Cherokee "The ride is stiff, and the coarse engine noise mars an otherwise quiet cabin." Since you say your Encore GX is quieter, that would seem to indicate that your car is performing as it should.
My Cherokee had a smooth ride and there was no coarse engine noise regardless what Consumer Reports says.That's why I'm concerned about my new Encore GX.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Why not take it back to the dealer to have the triple-door seals checked and verify the Active Noise Cancellation works as intended? The windshield and side glass are supposedly acoustic-laminated, the same way the windshield and side glass are in my car.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!