• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Radiator Leak

Anryan2

Buick Ownership
LeSabre
Hello, right around the radiator hose (on the radiator itself) there is a small leak that I can't seem to find. I was wondering if this was a common problem. My other question is, will this require a whole new radiator or can I get away with something cheaper.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
You did not mention the year of the car, but if it is over 10-yrs old, the plastic tank on top of the drivers side radiator is subject to crack and leak. Get a new radiator, they are cheap @ RockAuto Parts Catalog
Once the plastic tank cracks, there is no other solution!

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
That is an 2002, which 17-yrs old and you are lucky to have not had to replace the radiator before now! There is no other solution!

Last edited:

Merkava_4

5.7L LS1 Member
Clovis, CA
Buick Ownership
2000 Buick LeSabre
The plastic side tanks crack after awhile. I replaced mine with an ACDelco from RockAuto. Super easy to do, but you're going to need hose clamp pliers unless you're planning on converting everything over to worm clamps. I recommend the Mayhew 28680.

Pedal Commander