Radio issue with bass

rshawnk

Buick Ownership
2009 Buick Lucerne CXL
09 CXL Model stock radio 7.1: When I turn the bass all the way down on the eq, I still hear ALOT of bass. Never experienced that before with any vehicle nor have heard of that problem. Also when I turn it up so high it seem to lower the response frequency.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Not sure on what 7.1 is? Are all the speakers working, is this on all seleted inputs. If it's the base system, treble and bass controls, with the fade set to the center, bass all the way down, treble all the way up it should have very little bass. If it's not operating correctly it could be that the radio itself is starting to have a problem. Sorry not much help, but unfortunately can't hear the problem over the forum.

There may be others on the forum that can have additional information.

rshawnk

Buick Ownership
2009 Buick Lucerne CXL
Not sure on what 7.1 is? Are all the speakers working, is this on all seleted inputs. If it's the base system, treble and bass controls, with the fade set to the center, bass all the way down, treble all the way up it should have very little bass. If it's not operating correctly it could be that the radio itself is starting to have a problem. Sorry not much help, but unfortunately can't hear the problem over the forum.

There may be others on the forum that can have additional information.
Sorry, I meant 7 speaker. Thank you for the reply.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
If it's a base unit there should be only 6 speakers, 2 pillars, 2 front doors, 2 rear shelf as nothing is in the center dash grill. If considering replacement speakers, doors and rear shelf, coaxial types may help in bringing out more highs and midranges as the OEM speakers are just nothing special.