Radio Problems

Kntazzina

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hello, my wife and I just purchased our Regal about a month ago. We have the Harmon Kardon ( I think it is spelled right) system in our vehicle. We are having an issue with the volume in this system. If we turn the volume to 20 or higher, the radio seems to have a mind of it's own. The volume will go up and down on its own and fades in and out on its own. We have turned the auto speed volume off and we have taken it back to the dealer multiple times now. The service department told us they upgraded the software but that did not fix the problem. Now they are trying to chalk it up to being either sound wave issues or that it is the bass in the music causing the problem. Our particular vehicle was made in Germany, we have done research and found nothing that can help us with this problem and the service department and managers at the dealer we bought the car from have pretty much bailed on us. Is there anyone else out there that has this issue? If so, we ask that you let us know how you might have been able to resolve your issue and to please go on the Buick website and notify them as they are telling us that they have never heard of this problem before as it has never been reported. We have all payed way too much money for these cars to just live with the problems and they should be fixed. If you are having the same issue please get ahold of the dealership or contact buick customer service. If they get enough complaints about this issue then they will have to do something about it. Thank you very much. Dennis & Michelle

gvpowell

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
If you have the volume set at 20 or higher, the system is probably shutting itself down to keep the streetlights from blowing out. The problem is your hearing aids are defaulting to the off mode and if you don't have hearing aids now, keep the volume at 20+ and you will have them before long.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have the same issue with my 2011 Regal!! Dealer said they fixed it but it isn't fixed, do u know any updates on it? Please let me know. THanks.

richmusch

Buick Ownership
Buick
I am having this issue as well. I noticed the other day with the volume at 17 it was quiet and then all of a sudden very loud. I turned it down and then it went down and I had to turn it back up. This is very odd behavior.....

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners