Radio restart and audio issue

rodeman

Phoenix
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
Today I had a completely new experience. I ripped a couple of songs and an audio book. Put them all on a USB stick and plugged them into the CSX. It started playing them without any problem and started playing, let's call it track 1, immediately.

I told the radio to add them all to the hard drive, like I always do. Then I ejected the USB. I had wiped the hard drive of music so these 7 songs were the only ones on there. The radio (hard drive) started playing track 1 and then the radio restarted like I had just started the vehicle. That was strange.

Then it started playing again. A few seconds later it restarted again. Then again, again, again and again. Now I'm stuck in an continuous loop of restarts. I push the radio button over and over and the radio comes on and works correctly. Back to hard drive with same issue continuing again. Then I plug in the USB stick and it restarts over and over on track 1 with the USB. I can't get out of that loop.

Finally I get the hard drive to jump to a different song and I go in and delete the songs from the artist I think is causing the problem. Sure enough, the hard drive plays correctly the rest of the ride into work.

So something in that song was causing the radio to have issues. To top it off, on another day, I purchased a song from iTunes and put it on my USB stick. The radio doesn't restart on that song, it just starts the song over and over every 2 seconds. So it plays 2 seconds and then starts over and over and over.

Anyone ever have an issue like this? If so, did you figure out what was causing it? I'm pretty sure it's related to these two songs but I'm not sure why my ipod or computer play these files perfectly but the car wont.

rodeman

Phoenix
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
The songs are MP3 and the audio book looks to be M4A. The audio book plays perfectly on the computer but that m4a format might be what was causing the radio to restart. As for the Mp3, I'm not sure why that file is restarting over and over again every 2 seconds.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
I hate to admit this but I didn't know my car could play music from a USB stick until I opened this thread, I am really pleased to find out about this feature:cool:

rodeman

Phoenix
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
What's great is that USB port in the armrest is that you can play music from a USB stick, record music from the USB stick or you can plug your iphone into it and it will play your iphone (and I guess other MP3 player) through the port as well. It's better than a 1/8 in jack cable going from the headphone jack to the radio like the other GM vehicles have.

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
I hate to admit this but I didn't know my car could play music from a USB stick until I opened this thread, I am really pleased to find out about this feature:cool:

Never mind a USB stick (which I've been using), you can plug in a hard drive as well. I'll start a new thread on that.

stevep89

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I kn ow this is an old thread but I don't know if the OP ever got answer to his problem. I had the same problem with .m4a format music files. I recorded it from a cd I made to the HHD. When I tried to play that track from the hard drive it went into an endless reboot of the radio. I tool it to the dealer. I thought there must be an easy way to 'reset' the HDD but the dealer so it wasn't possible. They said the only solution was to replace the whole HDD unit which they did. That did solve the problem but thought it would be easier.

I manual says it does play m4a format audio but I won't try again.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
That's pretty wacky. So they replaced just the hard drive, not the whole radio? I think the 10's and 11's have 40 gig drives, the 12's and 13's are up to 80. I'm not personally interested in doing it, but I wonder if this means someone could upsize their hard drive if they wanted to. Obviously I have no idea what sort of sortware and formatting is on there but hard drives are pretty cheap, maybe a person could buy and 500 gig model and have their dealer replace their current one with it.

GolfingDuo

Central Massachusetts
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring
That's pretty wacky. So they replaced just the hard drive, not the whole radio? I think the 10's and 11's have 40 gig drives, the 12's and 13's are up to 80. I'm not personally interested in doing it, but I wonder if this means someone could upsize their hard drive if they wanted to. Obviously I have no idea what sort of sortware and formatting is on there but hard drives are pretty cheap, maybe a person could buy and 500 gig model and have their dealer replace their current one with it.

I am willing to bet that the formatting would be the same. You would have to copy the files that are on your original HDD (navigation files and folders). But I bet that it would recognize the complete drive.

They went with 80gb since they are the least expensive now. The system no longer builds 40gb. In a few years I bet that they will use 500gb.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!