Radio reverts back to stereo from HK after power cycle.

wnyregalgs12

Buick Ownership
Buick
Guys

I know a couple of you have said a disk update fixed this. I just got off the phone with BCS. They tell me no such update. They also explained that the radio is designed to go back to FM and when in FM you can't have the HK on. I explained to the girl at BCS that my radio stays on what ever it was left on so in my case it is almost always XM after I turn it off.

Can someone please tell me what the update was beyond a "disk" update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2012 GS non-intellilink.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
I have a 2012 GS non-Intellilink. I am actually going in for the disk update (which I was told solved this) for this problem in 1 hour. I will report back to see if it does indeed fix this problem.

wnyregalgs12

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2012 GS non-Intellilink. I am actually going in for the disk update (which I was told solved this) for this problem in 1 hour. I will report back to see if it does indeed fix this problem.

Great thanks. The more information the better.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
No problem, this has been an annoyance for me since day 1, and after months of trying to solve it, hopefully it will be fixed.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
UPDATE: Success!

Dealer update took around 30 minutes to complete. I drove home and had the settings changed to 'HK surround'. Turned the car off and let sit for ~30min, turned car back on and the 'HK surround' was still selected.

Work order from dealer states:

R9738 REPROGRAM WITH SPECIAL DISC PIP#PI#0663D

Posted via Topify using Android

ImminentFailure

Troy, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal 11
AS a manager in customer support, I hate that kind of BS. That's a lazy ass employee right there. I'd be calling BCS, ask for supervisor, advise them their agent has no clue and you don't appreciate being lied too. The fix for this issue is very well known. Use it as training opportunity. Then again, I have all kinds of time for shit like this lol.

trevgtp

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
When you ordered the update, how LNG did it take your dealer to get it in? I'm waiting on 2.5 months from my dealer

wnyregalgs12

Buick Ownership
Buick

Dealer update took around 30 minutes to complete. I drove home and had the settings changed to 'HK surround'. Turned the car off and let sit for ~30min, turned car back on and the 'HK surround' was still selected.

Thanks for the help. Will be on the phone with my dealer tomorrow.

wnyregalgs12

Buick Ownership
Buick
AS a manager in customer support, I hate that kind of BS. That's a lazy ass employee right there. I'd be calling BCS, ask for supervisor, advise them their agent has no clue and you don't appreciate being lied too. The fix for this issue is very well known. Use it as training opportunity. Then again, I have all kinds of time for shit like this lol.

Do you work for BCS?

TprGTO

MA
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS

Thanks for posting the work order number. I called the dealership and the service employee had not heard of this update prior to me inquiring. He advised he will order the disc and it should arrive within a few weeks.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
Got in my car to drive to work this morning, 'hk surround' still active, so this update worked. Also, the "Startup Volume" option now works (not sure what it does...), it had never worked prior to this update.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
When you ordered the update, how LNG did it take your dealer to get it in? I'm waiting on 2.5 months from my dealer

Trev, get a hold of Buick Customer Service (Tricia, Jessica, etc.). I waited 5 MONTHS for mine until I contacted BCS. BCS kindly called my dealer, dealer called me *they sounded like they were going to crap their pants because GM called them :p* and it took 3 days then to get the disc.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
For anyone looking for any information, here is the work order from my visit:

lenix38

Atlanta, GA
Buick Ownership
12 Buick Regal GS, WDT, 20's, 6sp MT
I called my dealership about this and they told me no such update discs exists?? WTF? This is pissing me off. Last time I took her in, they told me they updated my Nav software? and still the preset of HK continues to change.

Detroit, USA
I called my dealership about this and they told me no such update discs exists?? WTF? This is pissing me off. Last time I took her in, they told me they updated my Nav software? and still the preset of HK continues to change.
Hi lenix38,

I would be happy to discuss the issue further with your dealership! If you could please provide me with your name, address, phone number, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of involved dealership through a private message, I can research further for you. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

TprGTO

MA
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS

This is the info you need to let the service department know so they can look it up on their computer:
PIP#PI#0663D.

TprGTO

MA
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Well that was a waste if time. Had the update completed by the dealership this morning. Prior to turning the vehicle off, HK was enabled. After the update was completed, I started up the car and the radio had reverted back to stereo. Tried this two other times with the same result. Try again with another appointment next week.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
After my disk update, I noticed that hk surround was no longer an option for FM stereo (not even the option of "Stereo" was available). If yours is done properly, the same should happen to you. It seems the hk surround is only available on XM, USB, or AUX Input now.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!