• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Radio will not turn off when passenger door is opened

SharpRedOne

Buick Newbie
SW Missouri
Buick Ownership
2003 Lesabre Limited Phoenix Open Edition
The radio on my 2009 Lucerne will not turn off when the passenger door is opened but does when the driver door opens. The inside lights come on so I know the switch/sensor is functioning. Is there a setting in the DIC for this.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
My 2007 does the same thing, but it's highly doubtful that the DIC would have those control functions from what I remember. It could be a dealer programming option, but that may be a long shot finding a dealer who knows about it and if it can be done.

SharpRedOne

Buick Newbie
SW Missouri
Buick Ownership
2003 Lesabre Limited Phoenix Open Edition
My 2007 does the same thing, but it's highly doubtful that the DIC would have those control functions from what I remember. It could be a dealer programming option, but that may be a long shot finding a dealer who knows about it and if it can be done.
I didn't see anything in the programming that pertained to that. Not many dealers near me that I trust with my car.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Finding a dealer or more to the point their techs that would know is like looking for a needle in a haystack of needles. Assuming that the passenger door has the door latch mechanism that could be programmed is also a unkown.

2008LucerneCX

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CX - 3800
I had a 2004 Impala and would sometimes have to open the passenger door to get that retained accessory power to shut off because the driver's door wouldn't do it sometimes. I just tested this Lucerne and the passenger side doesn't affect it but just hope that doesn't F up or I'm sure that's another $1,000 repair.

2008LucerneCX

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CX - 3800
I will agree with you on that point. I have asked my local dealers on a few items and could not get a straight answer on any of them.
They don't know anything and the employee turnover at the average dealership (service and sales) is probably close to 90%.

Robert B. Martin

Buick Newbie
South Carolina
Buick Ownership
2003 LeSabre Custom, 2006 Lucerne CXL
I bought a 2006 Lucerne with only 29,000 miles last month. I just today noticed that the passenger door has no effect on the radio.

BTW, I only gave 3500 bucks for this car. The a/c needed new service port valve cores, the front speakers didn't work (I didn't realize that at the time.) Peach of a car otherwise! I've owned several Buicks prior to this. '96 LeSabre, 03 LeSabre, and an '05 LeSabre. Loved 'em all; still have the '03 with 225K miles on it!

Pedal Commander