Random paint issue on corner of hood?

nkucz

Rhode Island
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal FWD - Premium II - Smoky Gray Metallic - LTG 2.0L Ecotec Engine - Trifecta Tuned
I literally just noticed this as I was walking around my car checking it out post wash.

The location of this is on the driver side corner of the hood closest to the windshield.

I most certainly did not cause the damage, maybe the dealership did it during routine maintenance. But it doesn't seem like something that would happen with normal wear and tear does it?

Pretty annoyed and don't want it to rust, wonder how long it's been there.

Attachments

• 20210407_165239.jpg
    20210407_165239.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 19

nkucz

Rhode Island
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal FWD - Premium II - Smoky Gray Metallic - LTG 2.0L Ecotec Engine - Trifecta Tuned
Well it gets worse!

Was checking it out again before heading to work today and noticed it goes across under the a-pillar between the fender...

I ordered some touch-up paint for the hood but I'll never be able to reach in-between the small a-pillar fender gap...any recommendations?

Attachments

• 20210408_073916.jpg
    20210408_073916.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 9

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
It may be delaminating from the photos, paint is lifting off the primer, and may be something to have a GM bodyshop or dealer look at. Some paint issues have been covered by GM, but it's something you may want to research prior to doing anything on your own in case it's is.

nkucz

Rhode Island
Buick Ownership
It may be delaminating from the photos, paint is lifting off the primer, and may be something to have a GM bodyshop or dealer look at. Some paint issues have been covered by GM, but it's something you may want to research prior to doing anything on your own in case it's is.
Thank you for the response! I'll take your advice and hold off on the touch up paint until I have a dealership look at it and hopefully fix it under warranty. Appointments scheduled for the 21st, just hope it won't rust before then lmao...but idk how long it's even been there quite frankly.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!