Rarest vehicle on the road?

mmadden2

Northern VA
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
Last edited:

mmadden2

Northern VA
Hey nothing wrong with a little exclusivity. I think it's a sharp color.

weekend_drive

BC
Encore AWD Leather
Was at the local dealer kicking tires and what did I see but about 12 new, getting ready for delivery Encores. I guess I'll be seeing more on the road locally soon.

About 6 blacks, about 3 reds and 3 silvers. Only one seemed to have cloth seats and only one silver had the saddle colours. Was frankly hoping to see more colour choices on the Encores up close but not today. Especially the white.

Small chuckle moment when our saleswoman repeated "they are not for sale" several times. :headbang:

adrunk

Silicon Valley
1-16-1992
Saw my 3rd ever Encore on Stevens Creek today ... a white non base with fog lights

A rare event here in the land of Prii and BMW

Gave them a wave, but no response .... :p

:headbang:

michaelwy

Buick
Someone backed into my Encore and damaged the front end. Its been 3 weeks and they are still waiting on parts. The dealer told me that the Encore is a limited production vehicle and its hard to get parts for it. I live in Atlanta area and don't see many of the Encore's around. Most dealers only have 1 or 2 in stock around here.

And yea it sucked when someone backs up into my brand new vehicle that I only had since 10/25/13.

mmadden2

Northern VA
And yea it sucked when someone backs up into my brand new vehicle that I only had since 10/25/13.
Sorry about he bad luck. Interestingly, we purchased our Encore on 10/24/13. We live in Virginia, but purchased it in Delaware because of there being so few available. If I remember correctly, when we got ours there were less than 10 in the country that were trimmed out how we wanted it. Dealer said buying out of state should be easy, they do it all the time... we paid VA sales tax to the DE dealer who was to forward it to VA who would then send us our plates. The DE dealer gave us a 60 temp tag which expired 12/23/14- I've been renting a Lincoln MKX AWD for my wife since that day.

Yesterday (77 days after purchase), we finally received VA license plates and returned the Lincoln.

Weird that it was legal to drive for the first 60 days of it's life with us and then sat idle for the next 17 (I ran it a couple times just to keep it from sitting too long in one spot). The world is a wacky place (especially at the DMV). Not as great a deal when you make payments and rent simultaneously :rolleyes:

Old Lar

Buick
I saw a red one at my local Home Depot yesterday. With the car being built in Korea, I can see why replacement parts are hard to come by. Even the special ordered Encores are taking a very long time arrive.

mmadden2

Northern VA
There's been a gray one coming and going every few days here at our hotel. Sharp color. I asked the guy how he likes it, he said it was a rental, but that he dug it.

Not too long ago we rented a car and they had one there on the lot for rent, Budget brand I believe.

Lynnster

Buick
Yes, rare! There are 2 in my area & I stopped both drivers! (driver #1 to find out what the heck the car was & did he like it! Driver #2 in grocery store lot) Both love the Encore. My Suzuki Aerio AWD sedan is also very rare & was only made for a couple of years. Now Suzuki is gone.... Seems I always fall for the rarest ones…(I also live in the land of BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Maseratti, Hummers & Rolls Royce & stretch limos so not surprised but love driving "rare" cars but getting parts is another story, as is service experience it would seem for the Encore. Thankfully, my Suzuki has been trouble-free & now has 90K miles. This Encore seems very close to my Aerio which is why I'll end up with yet another rare car..

Get your turbo buick badge right here!