• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Raspberry Pi as a source?

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I had a bad experience with a Nexus doing the boot loop. My wife's was replaced under warranty but the second did the same thing. But to add another wrinkle...I found out Google recently changed their security and it seems harder to spoof apps to think they are on a stock ROM. This would be important to me as some have indicated it wasn't just blocking banking apps but anything that has security for purchases and some that require a log in. I think there might be work arounds but I don't want to create more headaches for me. So I need to research to see if this is an android version thing or something I. The hardware. This is the crap that gives me analysis paralysis....too much crap to figure out and I end up giving up. Hopefully this will be different since I really like the idea of having all my apps available.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
I would get an amazon tablet - they are cheap, running ok hardware and pretty easy to root.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Doubt that GPS is available plus the size may make it a issue in the vehicle to use or mount.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Doubt that GPS is available plus the size may make it a issue in the vehicle to use or mount.
They have 7" ones - not too big. It has GPS - you can use google map or install HERE app and download maps for it.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Didn't know that... thought all Amazon devices had locked bootloaders. I will check it out.
I bought 7" kindle for my daughter - got it rooted and put plain android without amazon BS on it. She is using it for 2 years now. Fully functional app store etc.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!