• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Re-badging complete!

jhedtke

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Finally finished the re-badging of my TourX. All rear badges done and plasti-dipped to make them black. Blacked out the Buick emblem on front grill and put the Opel one on earlier today. Radar cruise control and auto-braking still work perfectly. Then installed new Insignia door sills and center wheel caps. Everything about this car now screams Opel Insignia except the steering wheel which I haven't figured out if the cover can be altered or swapped out. Next step is to lower it

Attachments

• IMG_4714.jpg
    IMG_4714.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4710.jpg
    IMG_4710.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4715.jpg
    IMG_4715.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4719.jpg
    IMG_4719.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4720.jpg
    IMG_4720.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4721.jpg
    IMG_4721.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4722.jpg
    IMG_4722.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 67

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Hate to be that guy. 😓
The Opel wheel cap is dark.
But overall, you did great! :thumpsup:
1604806830090.png

jhedtke

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Thanks, Finding parts is a pain to say the least, everything had to come from Germany. I never realized the original has dark caps...maybe something for me to do in the future. I also believe the Opels in Europe say "turbo" on the right side, not "Insignia," but I like the model designation better than a turbo badge.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Thanks, Finding parts is a pain to say the least, everything had to come from Germany. I never realized the original has dark caps...maybe something for me to do in the future. I also believe the Opels in Europe say "turbo" on the right side, not "Insignia," but I like the model designation better than a turbo badge.
The Insignia emblem is on the left side and the emblem of the word Opel is not there.
Keep up the project. :thumpsup:
1604885341127.png

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
You did a great job with keeping the original Regal's grille and keeping radar cruise control and auto-braking working.
I ordered all Opel parts including ACC grille assembly.

This would my final "look" I am already got GS' front bumper from the dealer. When it comes to the rear bumper, it is impossible to get GSi bumper here in the USA. I have to settle down with Tourx original bumper but the lower matte plastic would be painted black to match the color of the car. The plastic cladding was removed all the way.

Opel's GSi cost $42 USD.

1604888781601.png

1604888811948.png

Aracan

Buick Ownership
Opel Insignia
I never realized the original has dark caps
Mine has silver-coloured caps. They seem to differ between trims and/or model years. Maybe only the "Country Tourer" (lifted AWD, similar to your TourX) has the dark caps. Mine is the FWD non-lifted version.

RavenRandt

Buick Ownership
None yet
Excellent job!
This is my plan as well when/if I ever pull the trigger on a Tourx!
I may go with the Vauxhall logos if I can find them.

jhedtke

Buick Ownership
Tourx
To [U] danzig997[/U]... I would have loved to have ordered an Opel front grill, but from what I've heard it's not available or compatible with the ACC. Apparently I was misinformed and that might be something I consider doing myself in the future. Where did you order if from? That will be a great look with an original Opel grill!

To [U]RavenRandt...Vauxhall[/U] badging would look good too. I'm a fan of anything to set it apart from the pack and make it unique

Skynet

Augusta, GA
Buick Ownership
Insignia Country Tourer
Finally finished the re-badging of my TourX. All rear badges done and plasti-dipped to make them black. Blacked out the Buick emblem on front grill and put the Opel one on earlier today. Radar cruise control and auto-braking still work perfectly. Then installed new Insignia door sills and center wheel caps. Everything about this car now screams Opel Insignia except the steering wheel which I haven't figured out if the cover can be altered or swapped out. Next step is to lower it
Where'd you get your "Insignia" lettering from? I found a set on eBay but thought it was too expensive so I made mine from individual letters. 20200828_122445.jpg

jhedtke

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Nice! You did a good job with that. I had thought about doing the same, but finally found one I ordered from Europe. I've attached a screen shoot of my order from eBay with the seller info and price. It was pricey, but I figured worth it. Shipping was almost 50% of the cost!

Attachments

• Insignia badge order.pdf
    135.1 KB · Views: 10

Skynet

Augusta, GA
Buick Ownership
Insignia Country Tourer
Nice! You did a good job with that. I had thought about doing the same, but finally found one I ordered from Europe. I've attached a screen shoot of my order from eBay with the seller info and price. It was pricey, but I figured worth it. Shipping was almost 50% of the cost!
That's the same one I looked at. Too pricey, so I found the next best option.

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
Instead of "Insignia" emblem, I have the Irmscher emblem on the left side of the tailgate.

Irmscher Automobilbau GmbH & Co. KG is a German car tuning and manufacturing company, specializing in Opel cars. Founded in 1968, Irmscher has loads of experience in racing, including support for Opel’s efforts in the rally and touring cars.

Irmscher offers a new sport package for the Opel Insignia GSi. The stock vehicle’s 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder gasoline LTG engine now gets an extra 20 ponies – up to a total 280 horsepower from the standard 260.

1606152191101.png

On the right side, I placed "GSi" emblem since I converted my TourX to Insignia GSi Sports Tourer.

1606152444818.png

Attachments

• 1606152980872.png
    1606152980872.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

Ben Daigneault

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Instead of "Insignia" emblem, I have the Irmscher emblem on the left side of the tailgate.

Irmscher Automobilbau GmbH & Co. KG is a German car tuning and manufacturing company, specializing in Opel cars. Founded in 1968, Irmscher has loads of experience in racing, including support for Opel’s efforts in the rally and touring cars.

Irmscher offers a new sport package for the Opel Insignia GSi. The stock vehicle’s 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder gasoline LTG engine now gets an extra 20 ponies – up to a total 280 horsepower from the standard 260.

View attachment 27222

On the right side, I placed "GSi" emblem since I converted my TourX to Insignia GSi Sports Tourer.

View attachment 27223
Where did you get the GSi emblem?
Thanks

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
From the EU, I asked my friend who was in Europe last month. Paid around $40. He had to place an order with local Opel dealer, it took a couple of days to get it from the GM distribution center, The part is made in Spain.

Original Opel GSi Emblem Insignia-B, Corsa, Astra GM Logo Emblem 18x90 mm

GM / Opel Part Number: 39111536

1606173925638.png

1606173682569.png

50Joe

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I modified the original Buick badge holder as well. Mine was fairly straight forward due to no ACC. The steering wheel emblem is a 50mm self adhesive vinyl emblem bought off ebay and stuck over the Buick emblem. Blitzparts in Germany had all the Opel emblems. The front emblem is simply a rear emblem stuck on the original Buick emblem mount that I modified. I spent a total of about $165 to re-rebadge mine back to an Opel.

Attachments

• Opel B.jpg
    Opel B.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Opel C.jpg
    Opel C.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Opel D.jpg
    Opel D.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Opel A.jpg
    Opel A.jpg