• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rear body panel (39149659) for 2019 Buick Regal Sportback.

Chsraider17

Buick Ownership
2018 Sportback Preferred I
My car has been at the body shop since mid October. The GM strike did not help things with sourcing the parts. I was told a couple of weeks ago that they had all the parts, so I hope I'm out of the rental soon.
Any word on your parts?

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
The result of importing our "domestic" cars; why would there be a stateside abundance of parts generally only used during manufacturing? They will also be more expensive given duties and whatnot.

bknox1007

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback
I am having the same problem with the rear body panel. My car has been in the shop since August 2nd.
That is nearly 3 months before my accident, now I'm very nervous. Has the insurance company indicated that they might total the car? I haven't heard that myself but the car rental is already adding up.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Lean Manufacturing and JIT, get to know these terms and you will understand about replacement parts. The day's of large warehousing surplus parts is a thing of the past unless it's a ware item, current or multiple model, known replacement part etc. The outsourced supplied parts only run what's ordered by the manufacturer and no more as they don't house unsold parts. So if the manufacturer guesses wrong, it's not like Amazon and grab another off the shelf, they need to make it and because of cost it's done when enough are required to tool up for a run or they (automobile manufacturer's) pay a premium for that part.

It's simple to understand that no manufacturer makes money selling a glove box door, they make money selling the vehicle that the glove box door comes on.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
Any word on your parts?
I found out there is one piece that GM had to manufacture, because they had no spares. It's something around or inside the wheel well. So I'm two months in, and my car is still waiting on at least one part. :mad::cry:

I'm regretting this purchase. I was hoping this was going to be a long term car for me, but at this point I am wishing it had been totalled so I would not have to worry about other parts availability in the future. I would definitely not buy another Regal at this point.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
James May, Top Gear and Grand Tour TV shows, did a Building Cars Live show worth watching as seeing the process you can understand how extra parts are not part of the daily production. Doesn't make waiting for them any better, just a understanding of what you may be in for.

gobluetwo

A Regular
IL
Buick Ownership
none
Honestly, this is one of the reasons why I decided against the TourX when I was car-shopping back in May. The sale of Opel/Vauxhall had already been announced, so the writing appeared to be on the wall. No sign of a JV or other agreement, and nobody wants to do an extended TSA. The current iteration of the Regal wouldn't be TOO long for the world, I figured.

Happy to have ended up with a Volvo V60 (still somewhat uncommon, but at least you can get parts for them). I do really wish the TourX had a longer shelf life in the US though. I like the wagon a lot (I like RoRi's Sports Tourer project even more). Le sigh.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Honestly, this is one of the reasons why I decided against the TourX when I was car-shopping back in May. The sale of Opel/Vauxhall had already been announced, so the writing appeared to be on the wall. No sign of a JV or other agreement, and nobody wants to do an extended TSA. The current iteration of the Regal wouldn't be TOO long for the world, I figured.

Happy to have ended up with a Volvo V60 (still somewhat uncommon, but at least you can get parts for them). I do really wish the TourX had a longer shelf life in the US though. I like the wagon a lot (I like RoRi's Sports Tourer project even more). Le sigh.
🐓

bknox1007

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback
My local dealer is reporting planned delivery of 2020 models, but that doesn't mean they aren't old stock 2019s.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
My body shop received the wrong part from GM twice, and then was told the correct part is not available. "Left Outer Wheelhouse." They're going to try to repair the part or I guess it will be totalled.

At this point I'm hoping the car can be repaired; it's been over two months now waiting. I do not want to realize $8-10k in depreciation because GM can't supply parts for my 15-month old car that has 12k miles on it.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
My body shop received the wrong part from GM twice, and then was told the correct part is not available. "Left Outer Wheelhouse." They're going to try to repair the part or I guess it will be totalled.

At this point I'm hoping the car can be repaired; it's been over two months now waiting. I do not want to realize $8-10k in depreciation because GM can't supply parts for my 15-month old car that has 12k miles on it.
GM deserves a lot of bad publicity over this poor business planing and their lack of support. I know GM does not give a rat's A--, but consumers need to be a thorn in their sides. Just take it out on GM management, not the little guy on the other end of the phone. Make them your friend.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Lean Manufacturing and JIT, get to know these terms and you will understand about replacement parts. The day's of large warehousing surplus parts is a thing of the past unless it's a ware item, current or multiple model, known replacement part etc. The outsourced supplied parts only run what's ordered by the manufacturer and no more as they don't house unsold parts. So if the manufacturer guesses wrong, it's not like Amazon and grab another off the shelf, they need to make it and because of cost it's done when enough are required to tool up for a run or they (automobile manufacturer's) pay a premium for that part.

It's simple to understand that no manufacturer makes money selling a glove box door, they make money selling the vehicle that the glove box door comes on.
You would not say they do not make money on parts, if you built a car out of replacement parts.

Turbo Buick Badge