• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rear body panel (39149659) for 2019 Buick Regal Sportback.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Of course they make money on parts, manufacturering it - boxing or bagging it - warehousing it - shipping it - employees to process it - etc lots of movement on a single part that the company has to wait for the order to show up at some point between the beginning of production and the next 5 - 10 years, yes a profit is there.

But it's a little hard to sell a $250,000.00 Regal in a kit form especially with instructions written by the same people who wrote the owners manual LOL.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
lots of movement on a single part that the company has to wait for the order to show up at some point between the beginning of production and the next 5 - 10 years, yes a profit is there
This is a known logistical problem to an experienced auto manufacturer like GM. It has to be a cost consideration when they bring a car to a market; buyers of the car will expect a number of years of parts availability.

The Regal's sales failure is not the fault of those of us who bought them. GM's apathy here toward supporting those of us who spent thousands of dollars on their obscure car is not making me into a repeat customer.

bknox1007

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback
I opened a case with Buick/GM almost a month ago and no is able or willing to answer the most fundamental questions. When will the rear body panel be available? Why are they still producing and selling cars with critical spare parts not in supply? Why won't anyone at GM give me a straight answer? I've bought 13 new GM cars in the past 25 years and clearly my loyalty is not reciprocated.

Chsraider17

Buick Ownership
2018 Sportback Preferred I
I opened a case with Buick/GM almost a month ago and no is able or willing to answer the most fundamental questions. When will the rear body panel be available? Why are they still producing and selling cars with critical spare parts not in supply? Why won't anyone at GM give me a straight answer? I've bought 13 new GM cars in the past 25 years and clearly my loyalty is not reciprocated.
Same thing here. The insurance is totalling the car due to parts not being available for five months. So essentially if you own a regal and get rear ended your car is a total loss.

bknox1007

Buick Ownership
Same thing here. The insurance is totalling the car due to parts not being available for five months. So essentially if you own a regal and get rear ended your car is a total loss.
Ironically, I got word today that GM sourced the part for me and that it will arrive at the distributor this week. Be aware that I raised hell with GM over this issue so I'm not sure if that helped or not

Chsraider17

Buick Ownership
2018 Sportback Preferred I
Ironically, I got word today that GM sourced the part for me and that it will arrive at the distributor this week. Be aware that I raised hell with GM over this issue so I'm not sure if that helped or not
Who the hell did you call I need to know?

bknox1007

Buick Ownership
I don't have the part in hand so I'm not getting too excited over it until I know that it's been delivered to the repair shop. When I know I have it I'll provide you the contact and escalation info. Please provide me your contact information.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
I don't have the part in hand so I'm not getting too excited over it until I know that it's been delivered to the repair shop.
This is wise. GM shipped the wrong part for my car twice before saying it was not available. GM seems to be surprised that insurance companies want to fix crashed Regals.

bknox1007

Buick Ownership
The repair shop has the part in hand and it's a perfect match. I opened a ticket with Buick back on December 2 and was assigned to a customer service person named Sandra. Buick would call me back every couple of days and let me know that they had escalated the case but that they were still attempting to find the part. Just prior to Christmas Buick posted a picture of a red GS with the caption "It’s enough to make Santa rethink his ride." I replied to the post with "Just hope Santa isn't rear-ended because the rear body panel and other parts are on months-long backorder with no ETA." At that point all hell broke loose and Buick immediately PM'd me and the case got full attention from marketing and customer service. I was pretty active on this site too warning folks of buyer beware. I'm pretty sure that social media shaming accelerated getting the part, although Buick will probably never admit it. From the time I opened the case with Buick to delivery of the part it was about 45 days.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Sucks you have to do all that just to get them to do what they should have done from the start.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
At that point all hell broke loose and Buick immediately PM'd me and the case got full attention from marketing and customer service.
I'm afraid that's what I need to do. I finally emailed Buick yesterday now that it has been three months and my car is waiting on the left rocker panel still. I'm also getting annoyed with having to pull what's going on from my body shop, which is not Buick's fault but definitely adding to the frustration of this process.

Turbo Buick Badge