Rear Brake Light Fuse Location?

fiftyfivefives

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
After scouring the fuse box diagrams in the owner's manual for anything resembling "rear brake lights", I'm coming up empty. Are the brake lights referred to as something else in the documentation? For instance there are a lot of "Body Control Module" fuses listed, which is generic enough to mean anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Maccabee64

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
I'm hoping that this topic can be brought back to life as I am trying to locate the fuse for the third brake light on my 2013 Verano. One of my colleagues noticed that my entire third brake light bar was out and I watched a video saying that these are LED and, therefore, are unlikely to burn out (are they actually LED?) so I would like to check the fuse before taking apart the assembly. Does anyone know where that fuse is?

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Ok.... I have not been able to figure out which fuse for the brake lights either.
The Service Manual used by the dealerships would probably have it.

Does anybody on this forum have a Verano Service Manual or access to one?

I think the bulb(s) are an LED bulb.... but don't quote me on that.
I went to Sylvania's online replacement bulb guide and could not find any replacement bulbs for the 3rd brake light. Also went to GM Online Parts and couldn't drill down to a specific bulb.

Which means I've been absolutely no help.... sorry... but I know your frustration in trying to get information for something as simple as a fuse or light bulb. It shouldn't be this difficult.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
It's something new, it's called a phone. Call the dealer and ask LOL

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
I've never used a dealer as a "resource" when trying to find any technical/mechanical information.
Always figured they would be less than inclined to help and would just tell you to bring it in.
But I guess that would really depend on the person you were talking to.

I have had some luck over the years in getting helpful information from independent shops.
And I think the better, more professional shops, usually subscribe to a service for up to date service manuals.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The brake lights are controlled by BCM, so no independent fuse will be found. It now becomes a choice of just replacing the brake light, removing and testing the light along with the connector, taking it to a dealer and have them check it out or calling a dealer and ask them. I don't own one and have no more addtional information.

Buick Verano (2012 - 2013) - fuse box diagram - Auto Genius
1108094P02-003.png1108124P13-001.png

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
Thanks 2007Lucerne.

That explains why no brake light circuit fuse and why I was not finding "replacement bulbs" for the 3rd brake light.
Only found replacement of the entire "High Mounted Stop Lamp".
Part # 25961508 $75.96 (+tax/shipping)

And yes, proper diagnosis should be done as opposed to just throwing a new part at it.

If the brake light unit itself is bad, a DIY'er may try to take the old one apart to see if replacement of individual "bulbs" is even possible. Probably not, but your not out anything if you mess it up since the whole unit is intended to be replaced anyway.

Last edited:

Maccabee64

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
Thank you both for your responses, @KevinJ and @2007LucerneCXL.

To update on my situation, on closer inspection it appears that there is still power coming to the light it is just very dim and that the middle third of the bulbs are all out. I took the bar out of the housing and tested it to be sure and got the same result. Looks like I will need a replacement. Will report back.

Maccabee64

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
So I received the part, installed it, and now I have light! So it was that the assembly was bad. I can confirm that the part number is 25961508 and I got it for $85.80 shipped.

Thanks again for all of the help!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.