Rear clicking noise.

Visual

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
Thread starter #1
Hi - I have a Regal GS and somewhere in the rear interior of the car a clicking/tapping noise (like plastics hitting each other) started to appear, most frequently on bumpy drives ..I think it's due to the warmer weather, because I never had this issue during the months of fall and winter.

I removed the quarter panels and the rear deck, scoped all along from the passenger's door to the rear window and trunk where I cable-tied any loose wiring and added felt to plastics in contact to any surface. Took a test drive and without success the noise is still there. Anyone experiencing this issue, or knows what's causing the noise?

Visual

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
Thread starter #3
I have the "fix it flat" encased in styrofoam. I placed a padding beneath it, and tighten the screw. Doesn't move nor make a sound.

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
A few of the tension arms in my rear cupholders have vibrated loose and are bouncing around inside of the rear armrest...
You could check that if you haven't already.

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
Thread starter #6
I think I found the source of the clicking noise. The rear speakers have wiring held down by these plastic "cable tie push-pins", each inserted into a pre-drilled hole of the rear metal frame. The thread from one of the pins were rubbing against the metal, creating a clicking noise, especially driving on uneven pavement (and here in Michigan we have plenty!). I decided to remove them all, then taped down the cables with electrical tape. I drove about 20mins, and no clicking noise from the rear ..but maybe by the end of the week with more driving to be certain.

Attachments

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.