rear defrost, mostly not working

XsTatiC

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
1995 Buick Century, 3100

I have an issue with my rear window defrost. A few of the wires seem to come on and do their defrosting duty on the back window... but I'd say 65% of them do not. Oddly... possibly completely unrelated and just a coincidence, but worth mentioning... I have a crazy amount of condensation building up on the interior of all windows. Like I just can't seem to get rid of it, even with front defrost on full blast. All side windows and obviously the rear window just get super steamed up, where I now don't like to drive the vehicle when it's dark out.

Thoughts? It's to the point where, even though I've never had any major issues with the vehicle, and it runs and drives great, that I'm thinking of getting rid of it just because of this foggin' issue.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Cheers,

Gerry

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
If the rear window defog wires are broke or separated it's not completing the circuit, heres a option to look at for repair.

If you have fogging inside the car it may be a leak, lots of choices on where, but check the carpet, under back seat, around windows and trunk for wet spots. Heater core could be another, but can't see the car from this side of the screen so it's just a few suggestion of possibilities.

XsTatiC

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks! Really appreciate the reply.

Honestly never even crossed my mind to just use a multimeter right on the rear defrost. Sounds too logical! I'll deal with that, then see if a fixed rear defrost is enough to keep my fogging issue in check.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.