• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rear differential growls when turning...need help.

Houndawg

Buick Ownership
Enclave CXL
I have a 2008 Enclave CXL (140k Miles). After driving for 10-15 miles I hear a growling/grinding/vibrating sound coming from the rear when I turn left and right after a dead stop.
I’ve had the wheel hubs checked, but they are fine. Struts and assembly is tight...nothing is shaking or rattling when hoisted.
I’ve taken it to several mechanics to help diagnose the problem. All of them come back with possible differential issue, but they’re not certain.
I’m leaning toward changing out the rear differential assembly, but I want to be certain instead of throwing parts at it, because that’s an expensive repair.
Has anyone had a similar problem and if so what could it be? I

Turbo Buick Badge