• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rear end oil leak on my 2018 Regal GS

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
That's ridiculous.

Sorry you have to deal with it. This type of problem should never happen to a new car.

There are 30+ year old trucks with the original diff gasket and they don't leak. GM and other manufacturers have to stop making "sealed / non-serviceable" parts.

Red Regal GS

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
I just noticed two oil spots under the rear of my 2018 Regal GS. Definitely oil. I have an appointment with the dealer in the morning to get it looked at.

Red Regal GS

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
I haven't climbed under to look around. It seems to be coming from about where the rear axle is located. I can let you know once the dealer has a look at it.

I'm also going to have them look at my a/c because it ocassional stops blowing cold air for about 20 seconds before getting cold again.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I find this thread very troublesome as there is really no excuse for something like this to be a problem. It makes me remember the Peugeot wagon we bought that was so bad we ended up in court (and won). I have been really happy with my ‘13 GS but this is putting a damper on getting a new one. I’m also becoming disappointed with GM for reducing US manufacturing.

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
I just went over 19K on mine......at the dealer with a thud complain and it looks like the lower arm they installed is kaput. so I am getting a new on and they are looking to fix my Speed Limit recognition via dash replacement and program my newly installed from Opel Insignia start stop switch.... now Ill have them inspect the rear differential

Red Regal GS

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
I just went over 19K on mine......at the dealer with a thud complain and it looks like the lower arm they installed is kaput. so I am getting a new on and they are looking to fix my Speed Limit recognition via dash replacement and program my newly installed from Opel Insignia start stop switch.... now Ill have them inspect the rear differential
I was curious about the speed limit recognition. I have factory nav but don't see any way to get the little speed limit icon to display. Can you confirm what I'm supposed to see? Mine is a red needle version.

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
mine is a red needle also. so up on the left side dash display you are supposed to see the speed limit that is seen by the camera on the windshield.....in the EU version not only recognizes the speed limit but it adjusts the cruise control to that speed. I am still trying to figure out why GM had to mess with the EU version that has everything

Red Regal GS

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
mine is a red needle also. so up on the left side dash display you are supposed to see the speed limit that is seen by the camera on the windshield.....in the EU version not only recognizes the speed limit but it adjusts the cruise control to that speed. I am still trying to figure out why GM had to mess with the EU version that has everything
Gotcha. Did the dealer have any issues identifying the issue and getting it fixed? I might add that to the list since the car is sitting there waiting on parts.

Red Regal GS

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
So to my surprise the dealer just called to tell me my car is ready to be picked up. Yesterday they told me they were going to order a new rear differential to fix the oil leak so I was expecting a few days wait for the part. This morning they said it actually didn't need a new differential and that the leak was a high pressure hose hose fitting that could be repaired. Not sure why they didn't tell me that yesterday?

For the A/C issue they were able to duplicate my concern and contacted GM for recommendations. GM said they had not seen this issue before and recommended reprogramming the control unit. I guess we'll see if that works. GM also told the tech to drive a new Regal and compare it to mine. Unfortunately they have none in stock so that wasn't possible.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I was curious about the speed limit recognition. I have factory nav but don't see any way to get the little speed limit icon to display. Can you confirm what I'm supposed to see? Mine is a red needle version.
On my red needle, you can pull up the Speed Limit (right on the arrow on right side of steering wheel and <enter>) but you have to do it every time you get into the car. It is a known issue on this board and I believe someone had to get their head unit replaced to fix it. I haven't taken mine into the dealer for service yet, but I will mention this when I do.

Pedal Commander