Rear hatch and locking 2017 Encore

danibrin02

Buick Newbie
Omaha, NE
Buick
Hello,
This is my first time here. I just purchased a 2017 Encore last Friday (Veteran's Day). I have a silly question. How do I get my rear hatch to lock? The locks on the fob do not work to lock the back hatch, works fine for all of the doors. I previously had a Buick Verano and could lock from that fob as well as open from inside the car. Is it possible my rear hatch locking device is defective or have I not found the magic way to lock it? I don't like having the back unlocked all day. I even held the "lock" icon for a few seconds. Any advice or thoughts would be most welcome.
Thanks kindly,
Kim~~~

Sunnyvale Dave

Sunnyvale, CA
Buick Encore
I agree with Foursoors. Also pressing the lock switch on the doors works for me.

Are you the first one on this forum with a 2017? Dealers in my area don't have any yet, at least according to their websites.

rfruth

Houston, Tx
one-day
The manual says (sadly I don't know for sure) "If equipped with Keyless Access, the vehicle will lock several seconds after all doors are closed if the vehicle is off and at least one transmitter has been removed or none remain in the vehicle."

Sunnyvale Dave

Sunnyvale, CA
Buick Encore
I forgot the 2017 has keyless access. Are you sure the hatch is not locking? Is it possible if you approach the car with the FOB in your pocket, it automatically unlocks? That is the way it works with my other GM vehicle.

danibrin02

Buick Newbie
Omaha, NE
Buick
Gosh, I don't know. I just joined. I got an awesome deal on a Premium. :) Are you looking to get the 2017 Sunnyvale Dave. And your answer is most correct.

And I learned that once you hit lock and walk away the hatch is locked. Once you get near your car it picks up the signal and unlocks the hatch. I guess so you don't have to pull out keys to get groceries in. Thanks for suggestions everyone.

Thanks everyone. :)

danibrin02

Buick Newbie
Omaha, NE
Buick
Thanks so much. I got a Costco premium discount and if you have Farmers, they have an additional discount. Good luck. Really enjoying it so far...Bring on the snow. :)

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
I would love to have the push to start the engine button, my wife had it on her Malibu and now on her Cruze. Is the 2017 model when they change the front grill, etc. ? I won't give up my beautiful chrome grill just for that button.

Turbo Buick Badge