• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Rear head rests

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I noticed from photos that the European versions of the car have low profile rear headrests vs US version (also there is middle rear headrest). I had same situation on my Saab 9-5, I sourced the European ones for that car because rearward visability was much better. The downside is if someone sits in the back they might have to adjust the European ones. For now I just take them out and put them in the back unless I need them but depending how things go with this car I might try and source the European ones.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I noticed from photos that the European versions of the car have low profile rear headrests vs US version (also there is middle rear headrest). I had same situation on my Saab 9-5, I sourced the European ones for that car because rearward visability was much better. The downside is if someone sits in the back they might have to adjust the European ones. For now I just take them out and put them in the back unless I need them but depending how things go with this car I might try and source the European ones.

I spent a couple days trying to figure out of the headrests from a GMC Terrain would fit. They have a lower profile and similar leather/stitching. I wasn't able to determine if the mounting posts were the same width/diameter, though.

Since then, I haven't really been bothered by them. They only block a small portion of the rear glass on each edge. If we had a center headrest, that would be a different story.

If you do end up sourcing them, let us know how it goes!

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
Since I'm not the one driving our Regal Sportback, I'm not bothered by them ;)

I have folding headrests on my Escape and they do make a huge difference in rearward visibility when they're up. If my back seat passenger(s) don't fold them for me after using the headrests, I have to get out, open the back doors, and push the button on the headrest to flip them into the lower position. One of the cars we cross-shopped was the new Volvo S60 sedan which features a button in the Infotainment vehicle settings to retract the rear headrests to the high-visibility position. That's just one of the S60 features I liked, but it wasn't worth an extra $15K to get it.

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I store mine in the pockets on the back of the front seats. I pop them in if I have rear seat passengers.

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
One of the cars we cross-shopped was the new Volvo S60 sedan which features a button in the Infotainment vehicle settings to retract the rear headrests to the high-visibility position.

I've seen Mercedes with this, too... It's a cool system. Pushing the headrest up, into place, loads a spring. The button on the dash releases a catch, and they spring down, out of the way. Cool.

I generally have the rear headrests sitting on the rear seats... So they're handy, but not in the way.

visitor

Buick Newbie
I spent a couple days trying to figure out of the headrests from a GMC Terrain would fit. They have a lower profile and similar leather/stitching. I wasn't able to determine if the mounting posts were the same width/diameter, though.

Since then, I haven't really been bothered by them. They only block a small portion of the rear glass on each edge. If we had a center headrest, that would be a different story.

If you do end up sourcing them, let us know how it goes!
Got these off a 2017 Malibu LS (GM part # 84056961)
rear.HR.jpg
through eBay for $56.25 & they fit perfectly.

1qazwsx4

Buick Ownership
Regal 2018
Holden ZB Commodores have these kinds, should be a straight swap? IMG_20220528_210716.jpg

DrFaustus

Denver
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I have Opel headrests in my car. The stitching matches perfectly. The Malibu version I saw had slightly different stitching than the seats.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I have Opel headrests in my car. The stitching matches perfectly. The Malibu version I saw had slightly different stitching than the seats.
I also put the Opel ones in my car. They match perfectly were pretty expensive compared to the prices I've seen for Malibu ones, still pleased with the change..

Attachments

• Buick and Opel headrest together.jpg
    Buick and Opel headrest together.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 23

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Yup, totally worth the upgrade. I have a number of before/after photos here: