Rear headrests - up or down?

longislander

LI, NY
Buick Ownership
'15 Encore Premium FWD White Pearl/Saddle (wife's car)
We've just had our 2015 Encore for a few days, love it so far.
Question...do you keep the rear headrests in the up or down position? We haven't had anyone in the back seat yet so we've kept them down to optimize visibility. But what do we do when the time comes to put people back there...tell them to raise it themselves? Raise it for them before they get in? Thanks for your input!

djkay

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Encore
They cause visibility problems for me when they're up so I always keep them down. If I have passengers in the backseat they usually find it uncomfortable and lift them up themselves.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I keep mine down. They can go up high enough to hide a car at a quick glance.

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
I also removed mine and store them safely in a box in the garage until needed. I found that they really hinder the back seats from folding down flat without having to move the front seats up so far. It seems like they hit the folded up rear seat bottom and scratch when you try to increase the rear cargo area.

Plus the back seats seem so high, the my 5' Mom sat in the back seats and didn't even come near the top of the seats, so rear headrest weren't even needed.

amharney

Buick Ownership
Buick
I also removed mine and store them safely in a box in the garage until needed. I found that they really hinder the back seats from folding down flat without having to move the front seats up so far. It seems like they hit the folded up rear seat bottom and scratch when you try to increase the rear cargo area.

Plus the back seats seem so high, the my 5' Mom sat in the back seats and didn't even come near the top of the seats, so rear headrest weren't even needed.

Just how are you guys removing these? The owners manual says they are not removable - but I saw reference somewhere to a tool that will allow them to completely release?

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
That's what I do every time I fold the seat down. I remove the head rest. It seemed like it gave the front seat passengers more room when I had to haul stuff.

So yes, there is a button on the right side (passenger) on each rear head rest. Just push it in and yank it out.

amharney

Buick Ownership
Buick
On the 2013 Encore, there is a button you push to allow you to lower the headrests (it's in the little circular housing surrounding the post on each headrest). However, that button is not a release to allow you to remove them -- it only allows you to lower them all the way. The 2013 stops at highest position and doesn't budge. Anybody know how to remove the darn things?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!